Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 3:27 am

Poll: do you find this information realistic and helpful
This poll is closed.
yes
20.00%
2 20.00%
no
80.00%
8 80.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have some proof here that there's no afterlife
I have some proof here that there's no afterlife
> a study that only 4% of people having near death experiences

<snip>

> another study on people who had heart attacks were in death like coma without a working heart and most of them didn't have near death experiences, almost all of them turned to the a rationalist-materialist

<snip>

> there is the option that near death experiences are just hormonally induced accidental lucid dreams

<snip>

> or just rare hallucinations induced by oxygen depravation

<snip>

> and in some case it's just people looking for attention

<snip>

> there is an experiment in which scientist induced near death experiences in living people using a magnetic beam

<snip>
RE: I have some proof here that there's no afterlife
To play devil's advocate (?), even if NDE turned out to be bullshit it's still not a proof that there's no afterlife.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

Quote:To play devil's advocate (?), even if NDE turned out to be bullshit it's still not a proof that there's no afterlife.

Spot on. And if NDE turn out to be legitimate, it doesn't prove that there IS an afterlife.

Remember, these are near death experiences. In order for an experience to validate some sort of afterlife, it would have to be a post death experience. I'm not completely sure how one would test for such an experience.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The fact that people of different religions experience different versions of afterlife in NDEs does strongly suggest that it's dependent on what afterlife you believe you will experience. Or maybe that all religions are real and you should pick the one with the most agreeable afterlife.
(September 28, 2013 at 5:16 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: The fact that people of different religions experience different versions of afterlife in NDEs does strongly suggest that it's dependent on what afterlife you believe you will experience. Or maybe that all religions are real and you should pick the one with the most agreeable afterlife.

What you may experience during an NDE does not depend much on what you believe but depend according to your karma or reaction.
You may well believe that you may go on the moon but if you haven't done anything practical to go there then you wan't get anywhere.
So if you are a total idiot that does not deserve to experience any good thing then in your NDE experience you may well see rats around.
On the other hand if you deserve something more then you will experience God in the ratio that match your effort.Angel
(October 5, 2013 at 8:36 am)enrico Wrote:
(September 28, 2013 at 5:16 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: The fact that people of different religions experience different versions of afterlife in NDEs does strongly suggest that it's dependent on what afterlife you believe you will experience. Or maybe that all religions are real and you should pick the one with the most agreeable afterlife.

What you may experience during an NDE does not depend much on what you believe but depend according to your karma or reaction.
You may well believe that you may go on the moon but if you haven't done anything practical to go there then you wan't get anywhere.
So if you are a total idiot that does not deserve to experience any good thing then in your NDE experience you may well see rats around.
On the other hand if you deserve something more then you will experience God in the ratio that match your effort.Angel

Cool story, bro.
WTF necroposts always get me confused Confused Fall

Oh wait...
You would have to assume NDEs are evidence for an afterlife to begin with so the 4% would be all the evidence you would need that there is one.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
(October 5, 2013 at 8:36 am)enrico Wrote: So if you are a total idiot that does not deserve to experience any good thing then in your NDE experience you may well see rats around.
You're a Catholic, aren't you?
(October 7, 2013 at 12:28 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: You would have to assume NDEs are evidence for an afterlife to begin with so the 4% would be all the evidence you would need that there is one.

Well that's what your lot does. It's always Christians bringing out the NDE stories as absolute proof of an afterlife. I've never seen an atheist do that. But 4% is pretty piss-poor low IMO. If the afterlife were real I'd expect 100% of everyone whose heart stopped to be reporting an NDE.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1348 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3424 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1395 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 1942 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Should Theists have the burden of proof at the police and court? Vast Vision 16 5172 July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  Is Trump absolute Proof that there's no loving god? The Valkyrie 16 3413 February 22, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Morality versus afterlife robvalue 163 29694 March 13, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  The afterlife and the soul Vincent 87 17812 January 11, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  So why do Christians here in the United States have such a persecution complex GoHalos1993 13 3626 November 2, 2015 at 10:26 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  RTS - We Have Some Sufferers Here Minimalist 12 2496 July 8, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: doomed