Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I could have put this in Humor but WTF
I could have put this in Humor but WTF
this is really happening - again - thanks to the republicunts.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/bo...0%28175%29

Quote:WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a special Sunday radio address, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) delivered a health tip to the American people, advising them to delay getting cancer for a year.

“We’re involved in a high-stakes fight over our freedom from centralized government control of our lives,” said Mr. Boehner, speaking on behalf of his House colleagues. “You can do your part by delaying getting cancer.”
RE: I could have put this in Humor but WTF
Haha what a dick!
I would say its satire as at the top it says " the news reshuffled"
But at times it can be fucking hard to tell.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Of course it's satire. Sometimes I wonder if Min can tell the difference between satire and reality though.
Assuming it's a genuine quote, it's easy to imagine it was said mockingly to rouse the base.
It's not a genuine quote. The article is satire.
Of course it is satire... except neither the names nor events are changed to protect the guilty!

We govern by satire over here, Divi Tiberio.
(September 29, 2013 at 9:40 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Of course it's satire. Sometimes I wonder if Min can tell the difference between satire and reality though.

Of course, there's one big problem. The Republican Party is quickly reaching into the Tyson Zone.

You see, the Tyson Zone is defined by Bill Simmons thusly: "Some celebrities allow their reputation to become so bizarre that any story about them is believable. These celebrities have entered The Tyson Zone."

Bear in mind that, recently, the Republican candidate for the Lieutenant Governor of Virginia stated he believes such things as: yoga makes you vulnerable to demonic possession; that since chimps can't talk, evolution is incorrect; and that Democrats are in a strange alliance with civil rights leaders to promote genocide against black people. And, recently, Republicans went apeshit over Michelle Obama telling people to drink more water. FUCKING WATER. And, seriously, that's just one example. Just look at any Republican politician of any real prominence in the past five years, and you can easily find them saying at least one thing that's, at best profoundly ignorant, and, at worst, batshit crazy.

I mean, the fact that Min didn't take the ten seconds to google the Borowitz Report and see that it's basically a satirical column aside, I can certainly see why he'd think it's genuine. At this point, it'd probably be more shocking to hear major Republicans talking sanely.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Fellas,

I've been getting Borowitz in my email for the last 3 years...long before he went to the New Yorker.

Much like the Daily Show, or Bill Maher, they don't have to exaggerate much to make their opponents look like assholes because they are pretty much assholes to begin with.

The fact that he is funny does not make him less accurate. THAT is the problem with the republicunts. How do you satirize them when they start out batshit crazy?
Telling people to not get cancer wouldn't go down well with the tobacco lobby.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 889 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4362 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1128 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36914 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2169 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  So He Could Tolerate Everything Else But This? Minimalist 4 695 August 13, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3719 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The WLB Wishes He Could Get Away With This Minimalist 1 500 May 30, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Now Who Knew Economics Could Be So "Complicated?" Minimalist 2 820 April 9, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm Sure His Buddy Putin Could Put Something Together For Him Minimalist 1 642 January 17, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Chad32