Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on emigration.
Thoughts on emigration.
About 5 years ago was the first time I tried to leave my native country Austria and moved to Germany, I miserably failed and had to move back.

Currently I am getting closer and closer to getting on a train and hitting the border again. It kind of feels weir thoughg, despite having made up my mind completly.

Does anyone here have personal expirience with emigration?
RE: Thoughts on emigration.
Well, we went to Germany in order to work for a limited amount of time due to my mother. Well, suffice to say, I'm glad to be back. Not that Germany wasn't a nice country and all, but the problem was that it was not Turkey.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(September 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, we went to Germany in order to work for a limited amount of time due to my mother. Well, suffice to say, I'm glad to be back. Not that Germany wasn't a nice country and all, but the problem was that it was not Turkey.

But you never went to a place for the purpose of living there?
(September 29, 2013 at 1:48 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: About 5 years ago was the first time I tried to leave my native country Austria and moved to Germany, I miserably failed and had to move back.

Currently I am getting closer and closer to getting on a train and hitting the border again. It kind of feels weir thoughg, despite having made up my mind completly.

I sometimes think of leaving the house.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 29, 2013 at 1:54 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote:
(September 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, we went to Germany in order to work for a limited amount of time due to my mother. Well, suffice to say, I'm glad to be back. Not that Germany wasn't a nice country and all, but the problem was that it was not Turkey.

But you never went to a place for the purpose of living there?

Nah man, we went there to stay for about two years, then an additional year was added to it. But not to say I came back without nothing. I learned German, which counts for something, though as I experienced difficulties to adjust when I arrived in Germany, I experienced difficulties when I got back to Turkey...
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Quote:Does anyone here have personal expirience with emigration?

Ayup. We emigrated from Northern Ireland to New Zealand 5 years ago.

Living in Northern Ireland is like someone hitting you in the head with a hammer every day for 38 years. Moving to New Zealand is like someone handing you a vial of morphine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I went from USA to Mexico about 15 years ago, since my mother needed medical attention (she needed some tumors to be taken care of) and we didn't have health insurance in the USA. We were in Mexico for about four years. We moved back to USA, then back to Mexico, then I went back to USA on my own. I was born in Florida, USA, and raised in many states across the southern part of the country, then began all the back and forth from both countries. In my weird experience, I got addicted to the change, I guess. Well, more like a love/hate relationship. I am currently living half the week in the USA and half the week in Mexico. Really.

I'd say, if you're going to do it, just do it and stay. Don't look back.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(September 29, 2013 at 1:48 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: About 5 years ago was the first time I tried to leave my native country Austria and moved to Germany, I miserably failed and had to move back.

I have. 4 years back. Left my home country, flew off, never looked back. It's hard at first, especially if you have a lot left in your country (friends, family, things), but for me it wasn't so much a choice of if I was going to leave, but when was I going to leave and where to. I knew very early on there was no way I can be happy where I was. So when it finally came to it, I wasn't wavering between staying and going back, I was focused on making it work here. And it did Smile

Where are you living now, bunny?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Toronto, Ontario. Applying for citizenship soon.

Edit: Oh and I don't want to give you the impression that it's easy, it's not. Looking for work is hard because they say you don't have canadian work experience. So I had to do a couple of years of volunteer work before I got my first paid job. And school is also hard because the paperwork doesn't translate that well, so when they were placing me in high school, they were going to put me a grade lower than what I was supposed to be because they thought I wouldn't be able to keep up. Turns out school here is a lot easier than in my home country, they placed me in the right grade. You really have to work at becoming part of the society, I'm not saying those who failed didn't work hard, because the system isn't very friendly to immigrants, but you definitely have to work at it to have a chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10945 231496 2 hours ago
Last Post: brewer
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2029 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 1856 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2136 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2099 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5409 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1886 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1092 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1134 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 806 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47