Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If they can't get you at home they'll mail their shit to you!
If they can't get you at home they'll mail their shit to you!
I couldn't believe this when I opened my mail today and this lovely letter came out along with a pamphlet that said "Would you like to know the truth?". Maybe I should write a letter backDevil

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
binnyCoffee
RE: If they can't get you at home they'll mail their shit to you!
Aw bless them JW's Big Grin Sounds like a real fruit cake.
You don't agree with the contents of her letter Frodo?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Well here's my 'reply':

Dear Neighbor,

I live in the area and I am writing you because you stuck a rather odd letter through my door and I'd prefer to write back than actually suffer meeting you in person.

Many people are concerned about the things we see going on in the world today, such as war, violence, crime, and the economic crisis. Luckily, there are a bright bunch of people who are working very hard to solve these problems, and they do it without the need to consult ancient desert scribblings. The Bible does indeed speak of these times as "critical times hard to deal with", however the Bible also speaks about a magical garden with a talking snake so I wouldn't put much on its accuracy.

The Bible does indeed promise better times are ahead, but then we are talking about a book apparently written by the same being who created humans with curiosity and then 'forgot' that fact and placed a tree of knowledge in the aforementioned magical garden that would cause the humans to lose their innocence. If the being didn't see the inevitable coming when it did that, I don't see how it is able to make these prophecies either.

The enclosed copy of "Why I am not a Christian" by Bertrand Russell discusses a load of reasons why you really shouldn't even bother owning a copy of the Bible, let alone wanting to discuss it with never-before-seen neighbors.

If you would like to learn more, or if you have any questions, please feel free to Google it.

Sincerely,
X
Quote:Maybe I should write a letter back

Only after ascertaining she's not an immediate neighbour.-THEN I would probably write back something rather blunt,trying not to exceed her literacy level and avoiding sophisticated concepts such as 'irony' and 'sarcasm'. Anglo Saxon expletives will be fine..

Perhaps have a forum contest to see who can write the best letter, in less than 100 words?

--Or just send her a polite note,thanking her,but explaining you're an atheist. You could invite her to the next babycue, telling her it's BYO baby.
No I don't agree with it Dot.

I find ignoring idiots is usually the best policy. It's like viral emailing... if you respond they know they've hooked a live one.
So.........

You, Frodo, as a christian you meets another christian who's details of the belief are not 'in-sync' with yours so they're an "idiot" who should be ignored?

Thou art more typical christian than thou lettest on..est.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Lol @(only because there isn't a "with" character) Dotard that seriously made me laugh.

Rhizo
Great letter Adrian. I am half tempted to write, but I'll leave well enough alone. I don't want them coming back to try to get rid of my heathen ways.
binnyCoffee
Dotie... you don't understand ANYTHING.. we've established this. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gospel I can get behind. no one 1 430 December 16, 2023 at 5:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5424 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Can't get the link to work here but. Brian37 21 1380 July 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  Am I the only one who hasn't reset their clocks for Daylight Savings yet? Angrboda 5 286 November 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why does everyone want to advertise in their signature? Foxaèr 2 343 September 14, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1983 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1154 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  What to get an ABBA fan for their birthday. Brian37 30 2193 September 17, 2019 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Stupid shit you've seen. Gawdzilla Sama 44 5761 December 26, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2065 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama