Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fucking Idiots
Fucking Idiots
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/27/ch...standards/

Quote:Christian groups filed a pair of lawsuits in Federal District Court challenging the Kansas state Board of Education’s decision to implement a state-wide set of science standards. On June 11, the Kansas state Board of Education adopted a universal set of science standards to be taught in classrooms across the state from kindergarten to grade 12. Faith groups are up in arms that their beliefs are not being given more credence in science classes.

No wonder this country is going down the shitter.
RE: Fucking Idiots
(September 29, 2013 at 6:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No wonder this country is going down the shitter.

You mean it has not already?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 29, 2013 at 6:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/27/ch...standards/

Quote:Christian groups filed a pair of lawsuits in Federal District Court challenging the Kansas state Board of Education’s decision to implement a state-wide set of science standards. On June 11, the Kansas state Board of Education adopted a universal set of science standards to be taught in classrooms across the state from kindergarten to grade 12. Faith groups are up in arms that their beliefs are not being given more credence in science classes.

No wonder this country is going down the shitter.

They may be idiots, but I am betting that the lawsuit will not get them far.

Actualy, being mentioned in the news as an unimportant side story is as far as it got them and probably as far as they wanted to go.

Maybe not that far. Maybe they wanted to go for national press, but anyway it unquestionably is a Fail before it even started.
When they lose they will denounce "activist judges." You have to learn the whole routine that these scumbags trot out.
They've announced their stupidity by rejecting science.

But lol, the story is pretty funny, "the group maintains that questions like 'where do we come from?' can only be answered by religious dogma."

hahaha.
Quote: Faith groups are up in arms that their beliefs are not being given more credence in science classes.

I can't think what they're up in arms about - they don't give science any credence in faith classes and never have. Fair play, I think.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Don't they understand that they can teach the "word of God" to children at church? After all, seperation of church and state was an important factor to our founding fathers. Leave religion where it belongs - at church. But it's just as important to man's evolution that he learns science, too - maybe more important.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
Quote:Faith groups are up in arms that their beliefs are not being given more credence in science classes.

That's because your religion isn't science, assholes. Even some of your saner brothers-in-Christ acknowledge that.

Besides, if fundies aren't up in arms, we're doing something wrong.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:In a press release, CORE said that the science standards would “will have the effect of causing Kansas public schools to establish and endorse a non-theistic religious worldview,” which the group said is a violation of the First and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution.

In other words, they don't know what those amendments actually state.

I am utterly floored with this type of stupidity.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
What you have is a bunch of fucking creatards insisting that non-religion is religion. This is what happens when people believe their own bullshit.

Ah..... parallels everywhere.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/30/world/...TE&ei=5043

Quote:Dozens of gunmen attacked an agricultural college in northeastern Nigeria late Saturday and early Sunday, killing more than 40 students, local officials said. The attackers were thought to belong to the extremist group Boko Haram.

Quote: Boko Haram has singled out government institutions, especially schools, for attack. One of its tenets is that Western-style education, not based on the Koran, in conventional schools is sinful and un-Islamic; the group has burned numerous schools in Maiduguri, the largest city in the region, and in early July it attacked a government secondary school in the town of Mamudo, killing 42 people, mostly students.

This is why religious fuckwads have to be kept clear of schools.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 8890 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Pope Takes A Crack At Fucking Over The WLB Minimalist 29 4455 August 5, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13255 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Apparently The Fucking Baptists Have A Problem Minimalist 19 6564 June 25, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 12548 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Creatards are Idiots. We Already Know That. Minimalist 19 3735 February 25, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Fucking Morons Minimalist 7 2234 February 5, 2016 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Fucking Catholics Caught Again.... Minimalist 33 5798 November 27, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why 'God' Is A fucking Dick Minimalist 5 2814 October 23, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  christians this is why you guys fucking assholes... dyresand 17 4868 July 21, 2015 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: dyresand