Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another "Loony Religion"
Another "Loony Religion"
This recent broadcast has really set the cat amongst the pigeons here in Oz. Well maybe not THAT many pigeons but enough to start to ignore "greenies" and "activists" as self serving opportunists whose sole purpose is to vilify, demean, demonise, character-assassinate and otherwise bring misery onto their fellow humans in an effort to make themselves seem like the "winners" instead of the "losers" by taking "the moral high ground"

Sounds like a religion? Offered is the broadcast. (sorry if it won't play in your area of the globe please follow the link) What do you think?

Overkill
Broadcast: 29/09/2013 2:57:03 PM
Reporter: Tim Lee
http://www.abc.net.au/landline/content/2...858413.htm

following a discussion on FB this little tidbit came up...

GMThere was a report recently, about a vegan couple who fed their kitten according to vegan principles. It was touch and go as to whether the kitten would need to be put down. Now that's twisted! Sorry folks, but if the vegan/veg lifestyle is so superior, why the hell are there no successful vegan/veg cultures among all the tribes of the Earth...never have been. It's a lifestyle choice at best. At worst it's just another loony cult!

AG It's a cult. http://letthemeatmeat.com/...

Interview With an Ex-Vegan: Tasha
letthemeatmeat.com

Tasha is a writer, lecturer, food rights and women’s rights activist. She was born and raised in Saudi Arabia, living in Saudi her whole life, except while attending university and graduate school in the USA and the UK.

Between these two articles alone, I am convinced that the whole "Veganism for ethical reasons" is nothing more than a religious cult and feel sympathetic towards those whole rely on veganism for medical reasons. "Veganinsm" vilifies those people as well. I am yet to see how my consumer choice has made any change to the global environment (seems to be getting worse from what I read) and like "Carbon Credits and Pricing" does nothing to address the REAL issues other than to make life even harder for the animals and people involved whilst the latte sipping pseudo-moral elite get to dictate policy from their government hand-out offices and don't even practice what they preach!

This recently from WATODAY (a news paper here in Perth)
Bigger issues to Crack other than eggs
http://www.watoday.com.au/comment/bigger...2ukts.html

Which leads me to the comment from my favourite Irreverent Duck

Quote:Sure there are people who cannot eat animal protein....I'm allergic to penicillin, but I don't criticise all the penicillin users out there, or attempt to portray them as socially irresponsible, evil or just plain wrong. I certainly don't spend my days filming pharmacies because they dispense the foul substance that I, as a member of a minority group, cannot tolerate, and I'm sure the vast majority of people with genuine animal protein issues are not so petty either. No, it's the fashionable objectors that bug me.

and further

Quote:The Greens are really starting to give me the shits. Their latest press release waffles on about the definition of "free-range" and their support of a model that limits density to 1500 birds per hectare, in place of the current 20,000 maximum. Two things....

1) where will people get money for eggs in your utopian world where population is permitted to grow unchecked, once your pie-in-the-sky opposition to economies of scale drives the price up to $40 per dozen, and where will we get the additional land required to implement the low-density model....nick it from dairy farmers maybe....clear some national parks perhaps?

2) If free range and organic are so goddamn important, how can you justify the hypocrisy inherent in your opposition to hunting? It is the ultimate in organic, free-range harvest, and the vast majority of hunters will use a far greater percentage of the prey than anyone who hunts in a supermarket. Hell, I once shot a deer less than a minute after it'd had a shag. Free and deliriously happy one moment, dead the next...only the deer didn't get to appreciate the dead bit....cause it was dead! Hope I go that way!

Piss on about animal welfare as much as you like. Until you back it up with population control policy, and figure out how to quadruple people's incomes without raising the cost of living so that economies of scale need no longer be a consideration, you're just a bunch of emoting, self-indulgent time-wasters....as the Australian public is beginning to appreciate.

I am unable to say it any better.

Devil And don't even START me on "climate change DENIERS!"

Another loopy religion in the making!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Another "Loony Religion"
When I read "looney religion" I thought this:

[Image: 6a00d8341c630a53ef01156f1b8c33970c-500wi]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Pretty much sums up the above and religion in general...

Actually Buggs, Daffy, Elmer et al have more gravitas.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I consider meself a second-stage vegan - I only eat animals that only eat plants.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ultimate vegan. Don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

My solution for vegans is "don't eat anything....do the world a favor."
Vegans.......yea they hold on a simple fallacy. That fallacy is humans are not animals, rather they want to admit or even reconize that is on them. However, the comparisions are uncanny if you ask me.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
Mmmmm Bacon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86eVxuBkqeU

(October 6, 2013 at 7:37 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Ultimate vegan. Don't eat anything that casts a shadow.
Plants grow in the sun. Plants have shadows Tongue
I hate the title of this thread "another looney religion". They are all looney, big or small. The only difference between a cult and a religion is money and political power.
(October 14, 2013 at 2:14 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I hate the title of this thread "another looney religion". They are all looney, big or small. The only difference between a cult and a religion is money and political power.

Which is just about ALL of them Brian. Perhaps I should have put a question mark at the end of the title, and since the title is ALL you can complain about I will take it that you are in concord with me that these groups are nothing more than "another loony religion"