Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicunt Nirvana
Republicunt Nirvana
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/30...tail=email

Quote:A friend once told me that the wealthy elite didn't want to just "roll back" the New Deal, they wanted to roll back the entire 20th Century. His point was that all the social gains of the 20th Century were granted to us in order to combat global communism, and that with the collapse of communism the wealthy elite are going it take it all back.
I didn't fully appreciate his sentiments until recently.
RE: Republicunt Nirvana
Must be nice to live in a world where you can paint an entire group and people with a single paint brush.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
You mean like "job creators" and "takers?"

Yeah. Must be nice.
Haha, funny as shit when you consider that the Democrats suck the dick of big business all the time. They don't give a rat's ass about the middle class, and they want the lower class to depend on them to keep them in the voting booth.
Yeah - they aren't much better.

But they ain't Mitt Fucking Romeny.
Well, Mitt is ancient history, why live in the past.
Every time I think about American politics, I'm reminded of the "surrounded by assholes" scene from Spaceballs.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 1, 2013 at 7:03 pm)Airyaman Wrote: Well, Mitt is ancient history, why live in the past.

Impressive comeback.

Maybe you'd accept 'at least they're not the Tea Party' instead?
(October 1, 2013 at 7:08 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(October 1, 2013 at 7:03 pm)Airyaman Wrote: Well, Mitt is ancient history, why live in the past.

Impressive comeback.

Maybe you'd accept 'at least they're not the Tea Party' instead?

I love how every time the Republicans go down in flames (the Bush II years, McCain's/Romney's ass-kickings), the immediate cry is, "Oh, forget about it; that's the past," even as they ritually intone Saint Reagan every chance they get. (Of course, back then when we were to vote for Bush I or Dukakis we were told how Iran/Contra was somehow ancient, irrelevant history.) And they couldn't expunge Nixon fast enough!

As for the Tea Party, I hope they gain in strength within the party in the short term. I hope they hold sensible conservatives (there are a few) hostage on issue after issue until the whole thing becomes so intolerable for any thinking Republican that a severe backlash ensues, rolling back some of the worst excesses of the post-Reagan purge of the so-called RINOS (or as they were known before being hunted to extinction: pragmatists and fiscal conservatives). Fuck the Republicans. The Tea Party is nothing but chickens coming home to roost. It serves the Republicans right for their cynical pandering to the lowest common denominator among the working class; their veiled race baiting; their consistent anti-intellectualism; their unholy alliance with right-wing Catholics, Southern Baptists, and Evangelicals.

None of the above should be interpreted as a defense of Democrats. That's a whole other thread to me. But like CC said, at least they're not the Tea Party.
At least they aren't the republican party. The republican party that owes their soul to trickle down on the poor theory that has never worked. At least the democrats understand how economics works and don't claim otherwise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Ass-Kicking And Republicunt Marsha Blackburn Changes Her Tune Minimalist 6 986 August 14, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  But It Doesn't Matter When There's A Republicunt In Charge! Minimalist 25 3726 July 31, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: johan
  The WLB Criticized By A Republicunt Who Is Not Retiring? Minimalist 2 706 July 22, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property Minimalist 17 2156 May 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Privitization - The Republicunt Mantra Minimalist 5 612 January 10, 2018 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  "Republicunt": why use terms like this? shadow 162 22863 November 27, 2017 at 12:23 pm
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1318 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Another Phony Republicunt Bastard Minimalist 0 431 October 3, 2017 at 5:32 pm
  The Crazies Will Run This Poor Bastard Out of the Republicunt Party Minimalist 0 435 September 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm
  The Republicunt Bullshit Artists Come Out In The Open Minimalist 16 2579 August 25, 2017 at 7:05 pm