Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess they didn't pray hard enough
I guess they didn't pray hard enough
Church bus crashes in Tennessee killing 8.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...h/2910431/
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: I guess they didn't pray hard enough
My condolences to their families. Fucking buses.
(October 2, 2013 at 11:11 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Church bus crashes in Tennessee killing 8.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...h/2910431/

As we Already KNOW - prayer has NO effect beyond that of chance
THERE had been no study of prayer - using a statistically significant sample - and published in a peer reviewed scientific journal that suggest that prayer has ANY effect. IT make no difference if you pray or not - and it makes no difference what you pray to. Muslims get that same lack of effect praying to their spook - as Xtians do praying to their spook. YOU can pray to the sun - or to a rock = or to a statue - or to the xtian god - and get the SAME lack of effect.

Just another reason to reject the claims of religion
Quote:"We are devastated and just ask for the people to be praying," Stutts told the Associated Press.

For what, I wonder?
(October 2, 2013 at 11:22 pm)ThomM Wrote: As we Already KNOW - prayer has NO effect beyond that of chance

Which is why I posted the story. Bad things happen at the same rate to those devout Christians who pray and go to prayer meetings as to us atheists who don't.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(October 2, 2013 at 11:29 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:
(October 2, 2013 at 11:22 pm)ThomM Wrote: As we Already KNOW - prayer has NO effect beyond that of chance

Which is why I posted the story. Bad things happen at the same rate to those devout Christians who pray and go to prayer meetings as to us atheists who don't.

You forgot one thing, those who died will be in heaven, where will you spend eternity. This horrible accident happened only a few miles from where I live, Christian or not they deserve respect and concern from all. I prayed for them and I prayed for their families and the ones who were injured, I do that for all I hear of that lose loved ones, Christian or not.

Smile GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Maybe they will blame the crash on a jewish made tire and start a new pogrom?
Then they can make the crash victims saints.

It's SOP at the catholic's house, but since the church wasn't catholic they're just out of luck. God works in "MYSTERIOUS" ways!
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Quote:You forgot one thing, those who died will be in heaven, where will you spend eternity.

How do you know? The hotline to god ringing off the hook or are you just spouting bullshit as usual?
(October 3, 2013 at 4:47 pm)Godschild Wrote: You forgot one thing, those who died will be in heaven, where will you spend eternity. This horrible accident happened only a few miles from where I live, Christian or not they deserve respect and concern from all. I prayed for them and I prayed for their families and the ones who were injured, I do that for all I hear of that lose loved ones, Christian or not.

Smile GC

Just because they were in a church bus does not mean they were Christians. Lotsa tares in the church I hear.
Godschild ' Wrote: You forgot one thing, those who died will be in heaven...

Is this like a reverse NTS?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Luther didn't know about Romans 1,1-17 SeniorCitizen 1 376 November 20, 2023 at 11:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What if Judas didn't do it? Fake Messiah 195 11083 April 11, 2023 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why didn't JB join JC? Fake Messiah 28 3070 February 11, 2023 at 8:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Hiistorical jesus my best guess. highdimensionman 13 1204 May 25, 2022 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 987 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2411 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8360 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Why Didn't Jesus Write? Athena777 85 12614 January 29, 2017 at 2:09 am
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 7022 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Not enough to do anything about it, though. Minimalist 8 1479 May 31, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus