Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting at the Capital
Shooting at the Capital
A woman was using her car as a weapon the news said but she was unarmed and could not get through security barriers, The capital police shot and killed her, am I wrong to be bothered by this? I mean if she was armed is one thing, she could not get through so why kill her? Cowards I think. Am I wrong?

Manowar
RE: Shooting at the Capital
There's a whole thread dedicated to cops who shoot people at the drop of a hat.

They can convert any offense into a capital crime simply by saying "I felt threatened." Judge, jury, and executioner.
Is a car a deadly weapon when used with intent to harm?

Yes it is.

Intent matters.
Do you have a link? A car is a weapon, but I don't feel you gave enough information to comment further.
(October 3, 2013 at 7:13 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Do you have a link? A car is a weapon, but I don't feel you gave enough information to comment further.

Exactly. That's why I didn't comment on the particulars of this case.

My comment was regarding referring to the person as 'unarmed'.
(October 3, 2013 at 7:49 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(October 3, 2013 at 7:13 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Do you have a link? A car is a weapon, but I don't feel you gave enough information to comment further.

Exactly. That's why I didn't comment on the particulars of this case.

My comment was regarding referring to the person as 'unarmed'.

What about when the car is heading away?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/03...-By-Police

Quote: In November 2012, about 60 police vehicles from the Cleveland, OH area pursued the two suspects in a 25-minute chase spanning three cities. One suspect, 30-year-old Malissa Williams, was shot 24 times, and the other, 43-year-old Timothy Russell, was shot 23 times.

Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang ad nauseum....you're dead

This past Friday (August 2, 2013), following a lengthy internal investigation, it was announced 75 officers would be disciplined, but none will lose their jobs.

So pretty much we live in a country where if you are a woman you can be fired for gaining weight or being too pretty. An ill-considered tweet can cost you your livelihood. But, if you carry a badge, killing unarmed people gets your hand slapped.
Did her toddler that the cops shot at also threaten them?

Those 1-year-olds can be really dangerous!
Find the cure for Fundementia!
They seemed to shoot when the car was stopped and surrounded by cops then they opened up. It's almost like one cop shoots and the rest join in, made me sick when a congressman inside praised the cops and was applauded. What can we do?

Manowar
Viewing the video, she was endangering the police around her and the general public.

...this in no way justifies an execution. This justifies stopping the car. Unfortunately under the current police-state all Americans are regarded as terrorists, and if you're not 110% compliant you're gonna have a bad day.
OK, I saw the news feed on this. She definitely did utilize her car as a weapon. The shooting of the driver I still don't fathom, but the story I saw didn't cover that. You'd think there would be other alternatives: ramming the car with a cruiser, shooting the tires, caltrops, etc.

It reminds me of Jimbo from South Park when he shoots deer because they we're coming at him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks Agnostico 169 5713 June 18, 2020 at 6:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Theoretical Alternative to Capital Punishment AFTT47 13 1852 June 4, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Does the media love mass shooting? Coveny 9 1268 February 24, 2018 at 3:12 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Florida school shooting: FBI mishandled tip on gunman's 'desire to kill' WinterHold 7 1072 February 18, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Las Vegas shooting = Tea Party terrorism Ryantology 28 10002 June 22, 2014 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Capital in the 21st Century Foxaèr 1 579 April 30, 2014 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8406 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Capital Punishment Fans Minimalist 31 7442 September 13, 2013 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yet another school shooting Doubting Thomas 57 11992 August 26, 2013 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Possible Motive Emerges In The Connecticut Shooting A Theist 65 19001 December 21, 2012 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda