Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half are Bat Shit Crazy
Half are Bat Shit Crazy
and why it matters.

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/19201-...are-insane

Quote:In short, and not to put too fine a point on it: if you know five Republicans, two of them are around-the-bend crazy, and a third needs a stern talking-to. That's not a majority, but it is pretty much half the crowd, and is a definite majority every time the crazy two convince the third to go their way, you know, just in case.

Quote:Make no mistake about it: these people will vote in 2014, because they always vote. If it is raining live, ravening, man-eating jaguars outside, they turn out with strong umbrellas and cast their ballots for the pro-gun anti-Sharia Jesus-and-fetuses candidate. Because guns, and Sharia, and they believe everything they've heard and read from their beloved bedlam news sources.

Why is the government shut down? Because a lot of people don't vote, but these people did in 2010, like they always do, and the crazy will elect the crazy every single time and twice on Sunday, amen.

That's why the government is shut down, and a disastrous default looms, in case you were wondering.
RE: Half are Bat Shit Crazy
Guess based on the percentages it's not so bad.

Half of my republican friends (the christian ones especially) are crazy.
All of my liberal friends are fucking clueless in economics (but well meaning!).

Basically human beings in general aren't that bright. I always joke about the average IQ only being 100. (...funny because the scale is designed that way so it will always be true, and its pretty low...). Someone with 100 IQ really isn't smart enough to figure a lot of this out. It's basically information overload 24/7, and someone with 100 IQ can't be expected to assimilate all of that and critically think about what is correct/incorrect... moral/immoral...
You didn't put too much thought into this one, did you?

From the same article:
Quote: Make no mistake about it: these people will vote in 2014, because they always vote.
If the article's author has any merit, the easy conclusion is that 'these people' are responsible for Obama's two terms (Obama is nothing more than 8 more years of W).

Quote: If it is raining live, ravening, man-eating jaguars outside, they turn out with strong umbrellas and cast their ballots for the pro-gun anti-Sharia Jesus-and-fetuses candidate.

When the fuck did anti-Sharia become a bad thing?
Fuck IQ and expectations placed by it. Lumpy...the haughty smugness is unbecoming.

My parents fit the batshit profile, although I'm willing to hope it's just senility.
I'm not trying to be smug, I think its self evident that the amount of information that needs to be processed on a daily basis for informed decision making and critical thinking about important issues is too overwhelming for the majority of people... I just use the IQ reference for humor.
(October 4, 2013 at 12:51 am)Lumpymunk Wrote: I'm not trying to be smug, I think its self evident that the amount of information that needs to be processed on a daily basis for informed decision making and critical thinking about important issues is too overwhelming for the majority of people... I just use the IQ reference for humor.

Let me guess, your daily information processing and critical thiking skills are such that you are not overwhelmed. Assuming that you'll answer in the affirmative, I'll next suppose that your conclusion is based on the use of these same powers.

The wheels on the bus do what????
Insert videos here of most Americans being asked questions about which they prefer, Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2scvIFGjE

People are so stupid and out of the loop on really important shit... not sure why you're freaking out about something so obvious. The point is... back to the point of the thread... it's not "republicans are insane" or "liberals are economically illiterate" its a much more general ignorance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8802 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 2074 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  So....why are crazy leaders always have a funny hair or facial hair? WinterHold 23 3266 July 31, 2019 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1772 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Nearly half of Republicans feel bullied at work Foxaèr 8 2093 October 27, 2018 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 815 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 572 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1568 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 3037 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  This Is The Kind Of Dumb Shit We Get Running in Arizona Minimalist 7 1205 May 20, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer