Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution

According to atheistic origin science, all species today have evolved upward through a succession of ancestor species. So all the DNA codes in all species living today are the product of many past generations going back hundreds of millions of years.

Mutations are errors in the DNA code. These mutations will accumulate in the DNA code of each species. There is no original to compare with and correct these errors. Natural selection is no help because all the individual creatures are accumulating mutations.

Now consider mankind. Each person receives at least 30 mutations to their DNA code. That is the mutation rate per generation. Supposedly mankind and all land animals evolved from some creature from the sea that lived about 500 million years ago. Take the average intergeneration time of at most 10 years. That represents 50 million generations. Now multiple the number of generations by the mutation rate per generation. That yields about 1.5 billion mutations. Now some of these will happen at the same code location and some will even be corrected by the double accident. So take 2/3 of that and you get 1 billion errors. But the DNA code for mankind is only about 3 billion base codes in size. So the DNA code of mankind should have been rendered useless. A similar calculation will lead to the conclusion that almost all, if not all, species have useless DNA codes.

Please note that the above calculation only went back 500 million years, but evolutionists claim that life goes back even further than that. So the codes should be even more corrupted than the above calculation shows.

So it is impossible that the species of the earth have originated that long ago. But then the dating of the fossils from 100 million years ago and further back must be incorrect. Also the fossils are not dated directly, but indirectly by the dating of the rock layers. So the dating of the rock layers must be incorrect.

So the entire interpretation of the fossil record has been overthrown. So has the entire interpretation of the rock layers. So there is no way to use the rock layers or the fossil record to establish any descendent relationship among of any species. So there is no theory of evolution that stands.

The house of cards has fallen.
RE: Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution
(October 4, 2013 at 8:30 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution

According to atheistic origin science, all species today have evolved upward through a succession of ancestor species. So all the DNA codes in all species living today are the product of many past generations going back hundreds of millions of years.

Mutations are errors in the DNA code. These mutations will accumulate in the DNA code of each species. There is no original to compare with and correct these errors. Natural selection is no help because all the individual creatures are accumulating mutations.

Now consider mankind. Each person receives at least 30 mutations to their DNA code. That is the mutation rate per generation. Supposedly mankind and all land animals evolved from some creature from the sea that lived about 500 million years ago. Take the average intergeneration time of at most 10 years. That represents 50 million generations. Now multiple the number of generations by the mutation rate per generation. That yields about 1.5 billion mutations. Now some of these will happen at the same code location and some will even be corrected by the double accident. So take 2/3 of that and you get 1 billion errors. But the DNA code for mankind is only about 3 billion base codes in size. So the DNA code of mankind should have been rendered useless. A similar calculation will lead to the conclusion that almost all, if not all, species have useless DNA codes.

Please note that the above calculation only went back 500 million years, but evolutionists claim that life goes back even further than that. So the codes should be even more corrupted than the above calculation shows.

So it is impossible that the species of the earth have originated that long ago. But then the dating of the fossils from 100 million years ago and further back must be incorrect. Also the fossils are not dated directly, but indirectly by the dating of the rock layers. So the dating of the rock layers must be incorrect.

So the entire interpretation of the fossil record has been overthrown. So has the entire interpretation of the rock layers. So there is no way to use the rock layers or the fossil record to establish any descendent relationship among of any species. So there is no theory of evolution that stands.

The house of cards has fallen.

Your misunderstanding of evolution is epic. You continue to embarrass yourself.

There is no "upward" evolution. There is no goal, no direction.
Evolution is a blind algorithm that acts locally. Please read some actual science books.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
So Grace, what do you study, what is your education?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Annnnnd, once again, SBGTF comes at us with standard, much refuted creationist nonsense.

(October 4, 2013 at 8:30 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution
No, mutations are one of the mechanisms by which evolution occurs

Quote:According to atheistic origin science, all species today have evolved upward through a succession of ancestor species.
Not 'upward', there's no direction or purpose to the evolutionary mechanism of mutation.

Quote:So all the DNA codes in all species living today are the product of many past generations going back hundreds of millions of years.
Yes.

Quote:Mutations are errors in the DNA code.
Wrong. Mutations are changes, not errors.

Quote:These mutations will accumulate in the DNA code of each species. There is no original to compare with and correct these errors.
No correction is needed, mutations aren't errors.

Quote: Natural selection is no help because all the individual creatures are accumulating mutations.
No help with what? Correcting 'errors'? Natural selection is the process by which the accumulated capabilities of an individual, including any unique attributes (mutations) may be 'tested' against its survival criteria. In that context, it's the ultimate help. In terms of your misdefinitions, it's absolutely irrelevant.

Quote:Now consider mankind. Each person receives at least 30 mutations to their DNA code. That is the mutation rate per generation.
Actually, the mutation rate per individual is FAR higher than that but let's see what you have to say next...

Quote:Supposedly mankind and all land animals evolved from some creature from the sea that lived about 500 million years ago. Take the average intergeneration time of at most 10 years. That represents 50 million generations. Now multiple the number of generations by the mutation rate per generation. That yields about 1.5 billion mutations. Now some of these will happen at the same code location and some will even be corrected by the double accident. So take 2/3 of that and you get 1 billion errors. But the DNA code for mankind is only about 3 billion base codes in size. So the DNA code of mankind should have been rendered useless. A similar calculation will lead to the conclusion that almost all, if not all, species have useless DNA codes.
I see. Your conclusion here results from your previous misdefinitions of 'mutations as errors' and 'natural selection as irrelevant'. In fact, given a static environment, each mutation which survives to the next generation is either useful or makes no difference to the survivability of the individual therefore over time these useful or irrelevant changes accumulate and can be tracked to demonstrate lineage.

Quote:Please note that the above calculation only went back 500 million years, but evolutionists claim that life goes back even further than that. So the codes should be even more corrupted than the above calculation shows.
Not 'corrupted', just 'different'. You continually misdefine & misrepresent.

Quote:So it is impossible that the species of the earth have originated that long ago. But then the dating of the fossils from 100 million years ago and further back must be incorrect. Also the fossils are not dated directly, but indirectly by the dating of the rock layers. So the dating of the rock layers must be incorrect.

Yet another erroneous conclusion based on flawed premises.

So overall, you've shown that you have no understanding of the terms you're using or of the mechanism which is the centre-piece of your position.
Sum ergo sum
Not to mention that only about 2% of the DNA is coding, so most mutations happens to the dormant 98% of the DNA..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 4, 2013 at 8:50 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Annnnnd, once again, SBGTF comes at us with standard, much refuted creationist nonsense.

No, mutations are one of the mechanisms by which evolution occurs

Quote:According to atheistic origin science, all species today have evolved upward through a succession of ancestor species.
Not 'upward', there's no direction or purpose to the evolutionary mechanism of mutation.

Quote:So all the DNA codes in all species living today are the product of many past generations going back hundreds of millions of years.
Yes.

Quote:Mutations are errors in the DNA code.
Wrong. Mutations are changes, not errors.

Quote:These mutations will accumulate in the DNA code of each species. There is no original to compare with and correct these errors.
No correction is needed, mutations aren't errors.

Quote: Natural selection is no help because all the individual creatures are accumulating mutations.
No help with what? Correcting 'errors'? Natural selection is the process by which the accumulated capabilities of an individual, including any unique attributes (mutations) may be 'tested' against its survival criteria. In that context, it's the ultimate help. In terms of your misdefinitions, it's absolutely irrelevant.

Quote:Now consider mankind. Each person receives at least 30 mutations to their DNA code. That is the mutation rate per generation.
Actually, the mutation rate per individual is FAR higher than that but let's see what you have to say next...

Quote:Supposedly mankind and all land animals evolved from some creature from the sea that lived about 500 million years ago. Take the average intergeneration time of at most 10 years. That represents 50 million generations. Now multiple the number of generations by the mutation rate per generation. That yields about 1.5 billion mutations. Now some of these will happen at the same code location and some will even be corrected by the double accident. So take 2/3 of that and you get 1 billion errors. But the DNA code for mankind is only about 3 billion base codes in size. So the DNA code of mankind should have been rendered useless. A similar calculation will lead to the conclusion that almost all, if not all, species have useless DNA codes.
I see. Your conclusion here results from your previous misdefinitions of 'mutations as errors' and 'natural selection as irrelevant'. In fact, given a static environment, each mutation which survives to the next generation is either useful or makes no difference to the survivability of the individual therefore over time these useful or irrelevant changes accumulate and can be tracked to demonstrate lineage.

Quote:Please note that the above calculation only went back 500 million years, but evolutionists claim that life goes back even further than that. So the codes should be even more corrupted than the above calculation shows.
Not 'corrupted', just 'different'. You continually misdefine & misrepresent.

Quote:So it is impossible that the species of the earth have originated that long ago. But then the dating of the fossils from 100 million years ago and further back must be incorrect. Also the fossils are not dated directly, but indirectly by the dating of the rock layers. So the dating of the rock layers must be incorrect.

Yet another erroneous conclusion based on flawed premises.

So overall, you've shown that you have no understanding of the terms you're using or of the mechanism which is the centre-piece of your position.

Mutations are errors.

Just goggle mutation errors. Look at all the prominent sites that say mutation are errors.

Your entire post is incorrect.

(October 4, 2013 at 9:04 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Not to mention that only about 2% of the DNA is coding, so most mutations happens to the dormant 98% of the DNA..

The corruption rate would still be the same in the coding part.
So the calculation still holds.
(October 4, 2013 at 9:05 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: Mutations are errors.

Just goggle mutation errors. Look at all the prominent sites that say mutation are errors.

Your entire post is incorrect.

You silly sod.. You have absolutely no knowledge of cellular biology. I pity you for being such a fool. It can't be easy living, being so educationally challenged..

Oh, and now you see it fit to reply to me. So, what is it? Which university did you attend to? Did you take AP classes in biology in high school? Or are you, as I suspect, homeschooled by an equally ignorant mother?

(October 4, 2013 at 9:05 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: Your entire post is incorrect.

[Image: FinalIronyMeter.gif]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Re: Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution
What is "upward evolution"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(October 4, 2013 at 9:20 am)TheBeardedDude Wrote: What is "upward evolution"?

From a bacteria that cannot do things like man can.

For example, invent calculus, play baseball, paint the night sky, write a book, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a theory about modern xtian deconversion drfuzzy 14 2888 April 29, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  You Can't Disprove a Miracle Rhondazvous 155 16313 March 18, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Hi, I'm a Christian. Help Me Disprove My Religion! WishfulThinking 265 60346 October 11, 2015 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6166 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Debunking the "Dying and Rising Gods" Theory Randy Carson 55 15888 September 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Christians to die out by diminished gene pool theory (sub-species) TubbyTubby 20 3413 August 20, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  DEBUNKING THE CONSPIRACY THEORY Randy Carson 230 43543 August 19, 2015 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's say the multiverse theory is true, how would a Christian insert God...? Mr. Moncrieff 21 7135 March 1, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  The dates given by AOS for past events may actually disprove evolution entirely SavedByGraceThruFaith 216 60745 October 14, 2013 at 6:05 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Do you believe in the mythist theory ? viocjit 14 5040 June 4, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: FifthElement