Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quran Contradiction Disproves Islam

Sura 39:53
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning],
do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins.
Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

So if Allah forgives all sins, why is their an Islamic Hell?

Islam cannot be a true revelation from God in light of this sura. Unless Allah forgives all sins yet condemns us all despite forgiveness which redefines forgiveness in a rather unacceptable manner.

This book, the Quran is obviously then, not a revelation from Allah to an alleged self proclaimed, blowhard infallible prophet.

Cheerful Charlie
Cheerful Charlie

If I saw a man beating a tied up dog, I couldn't prove it was wrong, but I'd know it was wrong.
- Attributed to Mark Twain
RE: Quran Contradiction Disproves Islam
Oh you have that contradiction in pritty much every single religion.

It actualy means that no matter what your sin is, if you turn yourself to god an beg for mercy you will be forgiven and wont get punished.

Which is a revolting and disgusting concept that has no place in a modern society and modern justice system.

Acording to that concept an atheist who never commited a crime and was a nice person will certainly go to hell, but a SS man who worked at the ramp in Auschwitz will go to heaven as long as he prayed each night.
(October 7, 2013 at 9:19 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Oh you have that contradiction in pritty much every single religion.

It actualy means that no matter what your sin is, if you turn yourself to god an beg for mercy you will be forgiven and wont get punished.

Which is a revolting and disgusting concept that has no place in a modern society and modern justice system.

Acording to that concept an atheist who never commited a crime and was a nice person will certainly go to hell, but a SS man who worked at the ramp in Auschwitz will go to heaven as long as he prayed each night.

But the sura in question does not mention having to grovel for forgivness. Allah is plainly stated to be forgiving as a general principle.

Google for the 99 names (attributes) of Allah. Forgivness and mercy are mentioned as an attribute several times.
Cheerful Charlie

If I saw a man beating a tied up dog, I couldn't prove it was wrong, but I'd know it was wrong.
- Attributed to Mark Twain
(October 7, 2013 at 6:23 pm)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Quran Contradiction Disproves Islam

God only forgives those who believed, repented and asked for forgiveness. The hell is for those who are evil.
(October 21, 2013 at 12:23 am)sofia86 Wrote:
(October 7, 2013 at 6:23 pm)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Quran Contradiction Disproves Islam

God only forgives those who believed, repented and asked for forgiveness. The hell is for those who are evil.

In other words, doesn't forgive all sins.
1.,Fortunately, there are conditions (google repentance Qur'an verse) before a person is forgiven. Or else, it will be all fun and no pain for criminals (rapists, murderers, abusers and the likes).. There won't be justice.
Hence, hell.

2. " I like to eat all ice cream, except chocolate flavor ones, especially if you add nuts on it."

Nothing wrong on how I want to say it.
it is just that you stopped listening before I end my sentence.
Do you think that criminals should be sentenced to torture until death? Here on earth.

Oh and btw, if i say one thing now, and then wait a month later to contradict it, it's not that people stopped listening, it's me who's being deliberately misleading.
It amazes me how people waste their time deciphering these ramblings.
(October 21, 2013 at 11:26 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Oh and btw, if i say one thing now, and then wait a month later to contradict it, it's not that people stopped listening, it's me who's being deliberately misleading.

20:114
High above all is Allah, the King, the Truth! [bold] Be not in haste with the Qur'an before its revelation to thee is completed[/bold], but say, "O my Lord! advance me in knowledge."

--This verse was arranged before 39:53. Even so, there are many other verses regarding forgiveness that came before 39:53. Example:

And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
4:110

(October 21, 2013 at 11:28 am)Napoléon Wrote: It amazes me how people waste their time deciphering these ramblings.

1."waste their time" -- an opinion, not a fact
2. "ramblings"-- an opinion, not a fact.

3. An opinion can be based on assumptions alone.

(October 21, 2013 at 11:26 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Do you think that criminals should be sentenced to torture until death? Here on earth.

why do you ask this?
(October 21, 2013 at 9:44 pm)sofia86 Wrote: 1."waste their time" -- an opinion, not a fact
2. "ramblings"-- an opinion, not a fact.

3. An opinion can be based on assumptions alone.

1. Has any one person who has studied these texts came up with any scientific or technological advancement as a direct result of such a text? *Hint* The answer is no...

Ergo, waste of time.

2. Ramblings. They must be fucking ramblings if so many people cannot even agree with the correct interpretation. At the very least the people who wrote this crap aren't very good at getting their message across.

3. It can be, but this time it isn't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 43 1677 4 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8274 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20479 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1231 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4252 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2849 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48676 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11813 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 857 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14044 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257