Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You and I
You and I
Some people think the matter of God and his existence is an easy matter or silly . On the contrary it is the most important matter in this life .
So if we use rating [ at the beginning ] for both teams then 50% for atheists and
50 % for believers .
If Atheists are saying the truth : then the believers lived their life same as you lived , but according to our concepts and morals , which are not that difference than your morals . looking for good for us and the for humankind . also we enjoyed life's pleasures according to our concepts [religious law ] .
If believers are saying the truth : this word is enough [ everlasting hell ] .

[ dear atheist ]
by this way : this matter will deserve a deeper look and a deeper thinking from you .
and inshaa Allah , I will try to make the percentage 100% about God existence. but please erase the sediments of god in the bible and any other gods .

thanks
RE: You and I
Not really sure what you are talking about in this post, but it seems to be a vague attempt at Pascal's Wager, which is simply a ridiculous notion, rejected by almost every theologian out there. Could you clarify?
what I meant is : if the atheists were wrong in their belief about God's existence . their end will be hell . [ a very big loss ] .

but if the atheists were right in their belief [ that there is no God ] ,then the believers in a god did not loss much .
(October 23, 2009 at 1:44 pm)Last_ Ray Wrote: what I meant is : if the atheists were wrong in their belief about God's existence . their end will be hell . [ a very big loss ] .

but if the atheists were right in their belief [ that there is no God ] ,then the believers in a god did not loss much .

So what?

What if you are wrong about Allah and the Christian god sends you to hell?
Your writing style interests me... I understand that you were raised in an arabic country ? [ first speaking an arabic dialect ] ?

I'm quite intrigued by your grammar and your use of punctuation. But language aside... what you present (as Adrian noted) is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

I think you'll gain some interesting knowledge from reading it. Smile If you are not comfortable enough in English: on the left hand side of the page is a list of different languages. There should be an Arabic dialect among them... but if not: perhaps there will be a language you are more comfortable with among them? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 23, 2009 at 1:44 pm)Last_ Ray Wrote: what I meant is : if the atheists were wrong in their belief about God's existence . their end will be hell . [ a very big loss ] .

This is a false dichotomy. Whilst it is true that there are two positions (there is a God / there isn't a God), the possible characteristics of Gods are arguably infinitely many. There are Gods (such as deist gods) who don't have heavens and hells for people to go to, there are gods who send everyone to heaven, there are gods who send everyone to hell. There might even be gods that send some people to heaven, but the rest are simply left in a state of non-being.

So the "wager" is turned back on you. What if you are wrong about the Islamic God? What if the Christian God (of the fundamentalist nature) is the correct God. Then you (like us) lose everything.

Likewise, what if the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the true God, or (heaven forbid) a God who favoured those of us who didn't believe in gods (so all atheists get a place in heaven, but theists don't).

I'm interested in your answers.
Thank you [ Tiberius and theVOID ]
I agree with you . therefore I said [ erase any god from your mind ] . because you are dealing with something new .
Maybe you did read about Islam , or you did hear from media about Islam . but I am sure your background about Allah and Islam not that much . so I hope that our discussions open a wide space of thinking .

Back to your questions :
So the "wager" is turned back on you. What if you are wrong about the Islamic God? What if the Christian God (of the fundamentalist nature) is the correct God. Then you (like us) lose everything.

Yes if I was wrong about God , then hell is the perfect place for me and I deserve it because the warned me but I rejected . but you will be the judgers on Christians and on yourself .

All I have to use is the holy book [ Quran ] and very simple logic . not complex
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
My journey started , with My respect to you
(October 23, 2009 at 3:46 pm)Last_ Ray Wrote: Thank you [ Tiberius and theVOID ]
I agree with you . therefore I said [ erase any god from your mind ] . because you are dealing with something new .
Maybe you did read about Islam , or you did hear from media about Islam . but I am sure your background about Allah and Islam not that much . so I hope that our discussions open a wide space of thinking .

Back to your questions :

Yes if I was wrong about God , then hell is the perfect place for me and I deserve it because the warned me but I rejected . but you will be the judgers on Christians and on yourself .

All I have to use is the holy book [ Quran ] and very simple logic . not complex
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
My journey started , with My respect to you

And why should be think the Qu'ran is to be believed?
(October 23, 2009 at 12:48 pm)Last_ Ray Wrote: then the believers lived their life same as you lived ,

NO I live my life to the full, I do not humble myself before anyone - especially not a man made myth, I chose my superiors on their merit, If there is a god that gives life (which there is not) then i would think that a god would respect the person more who lived that life and tried to get as much into it as possible, as opposed to the one who wasted that life causing suffering to others he had given life to man woman or gay, believe me you have NEVER lived a life the same as mine....you haven't got the guts

Quote: but according to our concepts and morals , which are not that difference than your morals .

Do not even go there, compared to islam I have the morals of a saint and those come from being as good a person as I can opposed to being supplanted into me through some mythical religious deity.

Quote: looking for good for us and the for humankind . also we enjoyed life's pleasures according to our concepts [religious law ]

Pleasures such as pushing walls down on gay people, killing daughters, lashing people for drinking booze (i earned about 200 tonight), treating rape victims as criminals etc etc

A
EE WA EE WA, WIGGY WIGGY WIGGY, PLUNGA A PLUNGA A
(October 23, 2009 at 6:17 pm)AngelaRachnid Wrote: NO I live my life to the full, I do not humble myself before anyone

What does that mean - not humbling yourself?

Quote:as opposed to the one who wasted that life causing suffering to others he had given life to man woman or gay

You think the person you're talking to causes more suffering than you?

You mention gays but not people who have sex with animals - why? And if it is fine/right for a man to act womanly - or a woman manly, is it also fine/right for an adult to act like a child?

Quote:believe me you have NEVER lived a life the same as mine....you haven't got the guts

Does that mean you're arrogant (find yourself to be superior to others in general, religious people or...)?

You seem to want people to think you're tough, and you may be...but you want others to think it of you too.

Quote:Do not even go there, compared to islam I have the morals of a saint and those come from being as good a person as I can opposed to being supplanted into me through some mythical religious deity.

You apparently haven't noticed the harm-in/danger-of arrogance, pride, or self-righteousness, which means you are as backwards as the Pharisees.