Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 6:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love
Love
http://atheistforums.org/thread-21374-po...#pid524367
RE: Love
I believe in bacon. If I am right, I gain ten pounds. If I am wrong, I lose nothing. You don't believe, so you will be baconized. Is it worth it? Repent!

Your reasoning is popular. The popular kids weren't the smartest ones as I remember.

Edit to add: bacon hell is the fry pan, FYI
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Bla
Lotsa words there. Wishful thinking is often verbose. I'm a little more concrete with my thoughts on the subject-

- no thanks.

(October 14, 2013 at 2:55 am)Ivy Wrote: I believe in bacon. If I am right, I gain ten pounds. If I am wrong, I lose nothing. You don't believe, so you will be balconized. Is it worth it? Repent!

Your reasoning is popular. The popular kids weren't the smartest ones as I remember.

I fear this 'balconizing'. Damned heights.:p
Sweetie... you're wrong.
If faith gives you hope, then go for it. I won't stop you. But I'd rather spend what little time I have on this Earth knowing the truth, and experiencing life to the fullest, not wasting my time nervously anticipating a great reward that honestly, is not going to happen.

Besides, if God is as great as the faithful say he is, if I live a moral life, I have nothing to fear. But I know I don't anyways.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
Sigh, have you even read the bible?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
What lemon said. Have you? No you haven't. At least not with reasoning, but through a lens that doesn't allow you to understand what you are reading. Read it again.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
That's one big wall of derp.
(October 14, 2013 at 2:55 am)Ivy Wrote: I believe in bacon. If I am right, I gain ten pounds. If I am wrong, I lose nothing. You don't believe, so you will be baconized. Is it worth it? Repent!

Edit to add: bacon hell is the fry pan, FYI

Gimme bacon - I'm in work and im so hungry!

(October 14, 2013 at 3:02 am)Beta Ray Bill Wrote: If faith gives you hope, then go for it. I won't stop you. But I'd rather spend what little time I have on this Earth knowing the truth, and experiencing life to the fullest, not wasting my time nervously anticipating a great reward that honestly, is not going to happen.

Besides, if God is as great as the faithful say he is, if I live a moral life, I have nothing to fear. But I know I don't anyways.

Such a true response you have to this. See why the heck waste your time thinking this world is crap and hoping for death to experience a better one. When infact you should make the most of what you have.

Imagine so many people going on pilgrimages / convents and even the monks in the tower and all the things they went through just to die and cease to exist. Many thought they were helping humanity however as we can see not many of their names are remembered.
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God cannot love or be Love. Greatest I am 0 1401 December 30, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am