Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take the fight to them.
Take the fight to them.
Before I begin. I must insist that believers understand, what I am saying here is not a human rights issue. Every atheist here has to some degree believing family and friends and co workers. No atheist should be in the same utopia mindset to think "if only everyone were atheists". On a planet of 7 billion and in an imperfect species, there is no utopia and we should deal with reality the way it is, not the way we want it to be.

It is ALSO possible for the atheist to value the human struggle, such as Ann Frank, Martin Luther King Jr, and Malala, without believing in the gods they profess. Atheists in the west, for the most part are always on the side of minorities and have had a long history of supporting the rights of minorities.

However, there is a fight going on, and politics and religion are dividing humanity, and all religions are used as weapons to claim moral superiority over others. And there are masses of humans suckered by clearly con artists out of their money over the stupid idea that a utopia is possible at all.

Two of the biggest con artists are cowards and refuse to debate anyone anywhere, and it is up to those of reason to take the VERBAL ONLY, intellectual fight to them.

Here are the facebook pages of Joel Olsteen and Benny Hinn. I invite you to go there and put counter arguments on their pages. You most likely will get deleted, but the more of us that do this, the harder it will be for them to ignore debate.

But not just on facebook. Any media or newspaper website where ANY believer of any religion makes a post, counter their arguments with facts. We wont make religion go away, but when it ignores facts and when it poisons minds and fleeces people out of money, only facts and reason can keep these people on a leash.

https://www.facebook.com/BennyHinnMinistries

https://www.facebook.com/JoelOsteen?rf=106009516105438

And just for shits and giggles, here is Banana man's farcebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort
RE: Take the fight to them.
Looking at Ray Comfort's page, a lot of atheists arguing with Christians in the comments lol, I guess they aren't able to block them all.
My sociopolitical stance would disallow me from participating in this exercise at this time. My personal stance also prohibits me from becoming overly consumed with the deluded masses that follow these clowns. Therefore, I acquiesce from contributing to the foray. I bid good hunting to all rational thinkers who penetrate into the midst of the folly.
4 Horsemen
(October 14, 2013 at 11:30 am)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: My sociopolitical stance would disallow me from participating in this exercise at this time. My personal stance also prohibits me from becoming overly consumed with the deluded masses that follow these clowns. Therefore, I acquiesce from contributing to the foray. I bid good hunting to all rational thinkers who penetrate into the midst of the folly.
4 Horsemen

Ok, so when famous people partake in the free market debate, that is ok, but when no name people do it we are wasting our time? I'll remember this when I am at work knowing I cant even wear a shirt or hat with the word "atheist" on it while they can wear crosses and listen to religious music.

If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.
Come on, religious stance is a polarizing topic and it will affect some people's careers whether they like it or not. It's extremely easy to look up what anyone says on the internet and it's the first thing any potential employer does. I am very cautious of what I say on the internet and even more cautious of what I say on facebook. It's common sense, and some of us don't have the luxury to say whatever we like.
YES RELIGION IS POLARIZING which is all the more reason to get it out in the open and take away it's "taboo" bullshit. I think even if you cant rid the world of religion, you should at least get more humans to try to understand that no one should get a pedestal. Setting up taboos is what allows humans to be divided.
I agree that we should remove the taboo, but facebook is a permanent record of what you say and it's attached directly to your identity. That's very different with debating religion with a stranger on the street or with a friend or anonymously on some corner of the internet. Some of us cannot afford to do that.
Quote:Before I begin. I must insist that believers understand, what I am saying here is not a human rights issue. Every atheist here has to some degree believing family and friends and co workers. No atheist should be in the same utopia mindset to think "if only everyone were atheists". On a planet of 7 billion and in an imperfect species, there is no utopia and we should deal with reality the way it is, not the way we want it to be.
I see no utopia in a world that is fully atheist, neither a distopia. Atheism does not come with an ideology. Its basically tied to a single tenet. It has no economic nor philosophical worldview, it is a very individualistic way of thinking.

Quote:It is ALSO possible for the atheist to value the human struggle, such as Ann Frank, Martin Luther King Jr, and Malala, without believing in the gods they profess. Atheists in the west, for the most part are always on the side of minorities and have had a long history of supporting the rights of minorities.
Well, "human struggle"? I thought that these people were minority activists, meaning, they support their own. How this actually amounts to humanism, I yet have to figure out. Because the "human struggle" brings up an ideal in my mind that does not really see humans being divided by "minorities" or "majorities", in the humanist mind, these concepts should not exist. So how do you suggest that supporting(or some would say, "sucking up") minorities at every chance against the majority would aid the "human struggle"?
How does making the majority bow to the demands of minorities aid your cause as minority-loving atheists?
Quote:However, there is a fight going on, and politics and religion are dividing humanity, and all religions are used as weapons to claim moral superiority over others.
And the lack of religion is never used as a moral high ground.
Quote: And there are masses of humans suckered by clearly con artists out of their money over the stupid idea that a utopia is possible at all.
Well, I guess so.
Quote:Two of the biggest con artists are cowards and refuse to debate anyone anywhere, and it is up to those of reason to take the VERBAL ONLY, intellectual fight to them.
As con artists having a hard time with people that do not have confidence in them.
Quote:Here are the facebook pages of Joel Olsteen and Benny Hinn. I invite you to go there and put counter arguments on their pages. You most likely will get deleted, but the more of us that do this, the harder it will be for them to ignore debate.
Well, what exactly is there to debate? They seem to me like your ordinary American mass-evangelist cult. What exactly is it that you would want to debate with these people? The existence of God?
Quote:But not just on facebook. Any media or newspaper website where ANY believer of any religion makes a post, counter their arguments with facts. We wont make religion go away, but when it ignores facts and when it poisons minds and fleeces people out of money, only facts and reason can keep these people on a leash.
An internet crusade, as it seems. What is it to you, I really can't understand. These people are dumb enough to give their money to these ministries, and the ministers are happy to receive them.
Really, taking the fight to whom? Since you're not the target audience of those ministers, and you really lack a higher purpose than what that minister might have, may it be personal fame, money, or even a sincere belief that he's helping people in the name of God, I personally don't think that you can convince anyone with what you have to offer.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Brian, do as you like. Nobody here is suggesting that you shouldn't do as you please. But you seem to be suggesting that unless you go on an aggressive warpath against theists, you are a loser. Each of us has our own way of dealing with the negative impacts of religion in our lives, and your censure isn't helpful or necessary.
(October 14, 2013 at 11:39 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 14, 2013 at 11:30 am)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: My sociopolitical stance would disallow me from participating in this exercise at this time. My personal stance also prohibits me from becoming overly consumed with the deluded masses that follow these clowns. Therefore, I acquiesce from contributing to the foray. I bid good hunting to all rational thinkers who penetrate into the midst of the folly.

Ok, so when famous people partake in the free market debate, that is ok, but when no name people do it we are wasting our time? I'll remember this when I am at work knowing I cant even wear a shirt or hat with the word "atheist" on it while they can wear crosses and listen to religious music.

If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.

(bold added)

No. I never said anyone was wasting their time. If you are referring to my use of the word 'folly', then please understand that I was speaking of the folly of theist fanaticism found on social media. I never implied that the currently constructed social norm is acceptable in any sense - I believe a huge double standard currently exists. I was expressing my desire to remain hands off on this foray, and I was offering my rear-guard support in earnest. Have at it - tear em up. It's just not my cup of tea Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25877 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 270 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9166 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 416 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 1828 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3271 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
  True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them Minimalist 8 1142 November 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  It's funny how the right loves to dish it, but can't take it GODZILLA 3 485 October 22, 2018 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2479 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2741 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm