Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Houston Chronicle Regrets
The Houston Chronicle Regrets
endorsing Ted Cruz for senate.

http://www.chron.com/opinion/editorials/...d=opedhprr

Too late, assholes. You fucked us but good.
RE: The Houston Chronicle Regrets
My in-laws were all gung ho over Ted Cruz when he was doing his filibuster stunt. Anything to be against Obama.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

I guess we have to look at the silver lining, which is that anyone who couldn't see that the tea party is crazy and destructive now knows the truth. That's not much of a consolation, though, if the shit really hits the fan.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The upshot might be this distancing may prove a death knell to the teabaggers. Then again, unfortunately, 'Murica has a short memory...these jackholes may be indicative of the lunacy yet to come.
There is no shortage of stupid in the republicunt party....or FOX news.
I don't think the left should be in a hurry to see the Tea Party disappear. They represent a threat to the GOP as I see it, in that they are muddying the political picture and scrambling the slate of candidates. And I think that "libertarians" will wind up muddying the "message" even more. The Tea Party risks being caught between the GOP (anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-drug, pro-religion) and what passes for libertarianism in this country (pro-drug, pro-choice, pro-lgbt). Being on the same side on a couple of issues doesn't come close to bridging that gulf. When it finally disappears it will probably just be absorbed into the GOP and any dissent stamped out. The longer that takes to happen, the more political damage the GOP suffers.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
They aren't going anywhere...except off the deep end. Might be amusing to see them decide to go the 3d party route.
(October 16, 2013 at 5:51 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: My in-laws were all gung ho over Ted Cruz when he was doing his filibuster stunt. Anything to be against Obama.

This is the problem. So many die-hard Obama haters and Obama supporters are always totally opposing anything introduced by the other side. It makes progress nearly impossible.

The party system has caused these problems time and time again. I mean, jesus, we have a little under 4 hours until the government defaults because of all these idiots.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Of course the truly amusing thing is that the Affordable Care Act began as a republicunt initiative. Of course, that was before President Blackenstein got his hands on it.
Yeah, like why do we even need a constitution anyway now that we have Obama. ;-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1680 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon