Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea: Feds should sue John Boener
Idea: Feds should sue John Boener
I just had an idea of what should be done to punish Boener and the Tea Bagger caucus for their reckless behavior. This is just my idea for a lawsuit and wanted to run it past people for a discussion:

Whereas the Speaker of the House knew or should have known about the damage to the economy that would be done by shutting down the government,

Whereas the Speaker of the House knew or should have known about the damage to our credit rating that threatening to deliberately default on our nation's debts would cause,

Whereas the Speaker of the House remembered or should have remembered the damage to our nation's credit rating the last time he threatened to deliberately default on our nation's debts,

Whereas the Speaker of the House caused the government shutdown by his own reckless behavior with the support of certain Republican Congress personnel,

Whereas the Speaker of the House employed questionable means to grant himself unilateral power to prevent the clean bill from the Senate to restart the government,

Whereas there were the votes on record in the House among "moderate" Republicans and Democrats to pass said clean bill,

There should be a federal lawsuit brought against the Speaker of the House and all members of the so-called "Tea Party" caucus who supported said recent reckless and irresponsible behavior so they may be held fully and personally financially responsible for the damage done to the economy, the additional interest the nation will have to pay on its debts due to said reckless and irresponsible behavior and the pain and suffering to all Americans who were harmed by the shutdown, including lost wages.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Idea: Feds should sue John Boener
Change "sue" with "shoot," and I'll agree.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Idea: Feds should sue John Boener
The government should sue them for the $24 billion the shutdown cost us.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/b...ly-cost-us

And these douchebags were saying "It was worth it."
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6869 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  John Bolton Is A Bum BrianSoddingBoru4 20 1734 June 19, 2020 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36855 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I Think This Is A Good Idea Minimalist 0 355 August 8, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1556 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  John Oliver And The Chaos in Washington Minimalist 3 828 October 9, 2017 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Should convincing someone of a bad idea lead to prosecution? Coveny 20 1954 September 12, 2017 at 4:41 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Trump names John Kelly to replace The Reince as WH Chief of Staff c172 16 3825 July 29, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  John Oliver on Jared and Ivanka Minimalist 0 692 April 24, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  John Oliver Discusses The French Election Minimalist 13 3556 April 19, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: LastPoet