Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Photos
Food Photos
I've already posted some photos of my food along with the recipes in other threads. This thread is for members to post food they have cooked. No Google Image™ photos, or anything like that. Only post photos of food cooked in your kitchen.

I'll start this thread off with some Mexican food I made last weekend.

Mexican Plate. Pork burrito with enchilada sauce and jack cheese. Bean tostada with fresh herbs and roasted Serrano peppers.
[Image: mexplate_zpsa71d0265.jpg]

Pork tacos with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and herbs.
[Image: tacoplate_zps1b0e8a02.jpg]

Recipes available upon request. Cheers!
RE: Food Photos
Oh, here. Let's make each other hungry. Wink

A chicken I roasted with garlic, potatoes and rosemary:

[Image: DSCN0572_zps44d6b9e1.jpg]

I'm big into homemade pizza, too:

[Image: DSCN0383_zps53c5df41.jpg]

I'm a pretty good baker. Here's an apple pie:

[Image: DSCN0246.jpg]

And I bake a lot of bread:

[Image: _MG_9055_zps4473eb42.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0583_zps581bca18.jpg]

But sometimes all I want is a salad:

[Image: DSCN1320_zpsacb23a54.jpg]

And I do a lot of canning, too:

[Image: DSCN1328_zps8e5c2605.jpg]

Ok, I'll stop boring you, now. Your food photos are incredible, FFF!!!
Thanks! Your photos are superb. I love the chicken and the pizza. The breads look excellent. I'm retrieving more photos, and I may post more depending on the responses to this thread.
You guys are making me hungry, let's have a food party. I'm also interested in the recipes 'fff', I love Mexican food.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I love to eat sheeps brain, fried with garlic and then baken with blue cheese to have a wonderfull crust on it.

It also makes for some wonderfully disturbing pics despite it`s great taste.
(October 18, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: You guys are making me hungry, let's have a food party. I'm also interested in the recipes 'fff', I love Mexican food.
The only real 'recipes' for these dishes are the pork leg recipe and the re-fried bean recipe. The pork leg is pan-seared in olive oil and bacon drippings and then slow roasted in a 225 degree oven with broth and herbs and seasonings (for this one I used cilantro, sage, salt, black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, ancho chiles, garlic, and chives) for three and a half hours. The pork falls apart when done. The re-fried beans are pintos, NOT pre-soaked. 1 lb. pinto beans rinsed. In a large stock pot, boil the beans in 8-10 cups of water or preferred broth. While the beans are boiling, place one chopped yellow onion and 3-4 cloves of minced garlic in a skillet with 2 tbsp. olive oil. saute onions and garlic until soft - add to pot of boiling beans. Simmer beans (covered) on low for three hours, stirring frequently. Mash beans when the beans are soft and start incorporating into the liquid. Add salt and pepper to taste.

(October 18, 2013 at 7:45 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I love to eat sheeps brain, fried with garlic and then baken with blue cheese to have a wonderfull crust on it.

It also makes for some wonderfully disturbing pics despite it`s great taste.
I love organs cooked with garlic. I prefer liver, but the texture and flavor of lamb brains is amazing! I'll try the bleu cheese that you suggested.
(October 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: I love organs cooked with garlic. I prefer liver, but the texture and flavor of lamb brains is amazing! I'll try the bleu cheese that you suggested.

Organs are wonderfull, especialy liver and brains. Lungs only sometimes and I never tried kidneys.

The recepy for the lamb brain with cheese is actualy with parmesan (Italian dish), the bleu cheese is a little experiment that my father tried which happened to work out.

http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/coo...29uvp.html

"Parmesan crumbed lamb brains" is quite a delicacy usualy served in expensive restaurants but easily made in a usual kitchen that everyone has.
My father found it in "The silence of the lambs" novel as one of Hannibal Lecters favorite meals, he looked up the recepy and started cooking it himself.
I remember a rite of passage when I lived in Salt Lake City after a night of hard drinking was to go to a little establishment called Bill and Nada's for scrambled eggs and calves' brains. They were really good, though we lost more than one out in the parking lot.
I like brains and tongue. Kidney stinks when cooking so I'll pass on that.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(October 18, 2013 at 6:08 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: Recipes available upon request. Cheers!

Keep the recipes. Send the FOOD!!!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A PhD with food stamps? Jehanne 6 856 April 18, 2022 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  photos that prove Afghanistan is one the most beautiful places on earth. WinterHold 71 9790 September 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Cultural Appropriation and Food Goosebump 15 1193 June 6, 2021 at 11:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1059 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  "Institution" and food shows. Brian37 17 1073 February 17, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2864 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Song Thread About Food/Drink BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1393 May 23, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Ran into another Food Nazi just now. Brian37 31 2834 July 31, 2018 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Emergency food help. What do you put on a BLT? Gawdzilla Sama 36 2150 July 21, 2018 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 20767 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon