Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crow Ceremony
The Crow Ceremony
Yesterday on a bike ride I noticed 3 crows cawing away up on the wires.
They were looking down. I didn't see any thing (no food anyway).

Today on coming back from a bike ride, I saw a dead crow on the sidewalk near where the crows were carrying on. Then, I remembered a video where researchers documented that is what crows do when one of them die.

I decided to go back to look at why the dead crow had some plastic twine? tangled in it's feet. I got there and gave the crow a little shove. It looked weird. It was a fake Halloween crow that blew off the guy's house.
RE: The Crow Ceremony
Cool story.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:Yesterday on a bike ride I noticed 3 crows cawing away up on the wires.

Maybe they weren't mourning the dead 'crow' - maybe they were just making a long distance caw...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Maybe they killed it?
(October 19, 2013 at 1:21 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Maybe they weren't mourning the dead 'crow' - maybe they were just making a long distance caw...

*Boos loudly*
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:*Boos loudly*

I humbly accept your accolades.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
3 crows, does not a Murder make.