Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Again
Again
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013102...M91G2.html

Quote: SPARKS, Nev. (AP) - A shooting at a middle school in northern Nevada has left two people dead and two boys in critical condition, rattling parents, teachers and students as they showed up for the start of the school week.

The identities of the shooter and victims weren't immediately known. The suspect is "down," police said, and school officials say there is no further danger.
RE: Again
You may all be pleased to learn that I, after checking my gun safe, have discovered no missing firearms; therefore, another responsible gun owner is off the hook for the actions of a lunatic.
Min, what do you suggest should be done to ameliorate these events? In your opinion, what steps should be taken?
It doesn't surprise me. Until we keep firearms out of the hands of lunatics, we'll keep seeing stories like this. Unfortunately, there's a well-organized and well-funded group which keeps fighting any attempts at all for improving screening applicants for gun ownership. I'm looking at you, NRA.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
We have to find out where the guns came from first, don't we. Not all "responsible gun owners" are as responsible as FFF.

That's a big part of the problem right there.
I think Huffington Post had an interactive map of mass shootings over the past decade, and when you scrolled over them they gave you details about each event. Almost all of them involved a shooter with mental problems, so I say we start there. I'll have to search for the map when I get back.
I honestly don't understand this. My country (NZ) is awash in privately-owned firearms, but we haven't had a mass shooting incident in over 20 years.

What is it going to take in the US for you lot to get something done?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Brian... one thing it has to do with for sure is relative population. You guys have, what, 6 million people? Maybe 7? Against our 330 million?
Here is a refreshing change of pace....and a step in the right direction which Raeven asked about above.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013101...QIE00.html

Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court won't review a decision upholding a Maryland gun law that requires residents to demonstrate a "good and substantial reason" to get a permit to carry a handgun outside their own home or business.

Maybe the assholes realize they went way too far in the Heller case and are trying to take a step back from anarchy?
Quote:Brian... one thing it has to do with for sure is relative population. You guys have, what, 6 million people? Maybe 7? Against our 330 million?

Less than that, closer to four and a half millions. I'm not sure what population has to do with it - you have small towns, we have small towns. You have big cities, we have big cities (well...biggish).

But our heavily armed population simply don't go round shooting one another with the same frequency that your does.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson