Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting club raises money to save black rhino... by hunting a black rhino
Hunting club raises money to save black rhino... by hunting a black rhino
A Texas hunting club hopes to raise money to save the black rhino... by auctioning off a permit to hunt a black rhino. That's right, let's save the animals by hunting them.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-hunters-sell...44084.html

It actually kind of makes sense, in a way:

Quote:Van Norman said Namibia has determined that older black rhino males that have already produced offspring and are in reproductive decline are the best targets for hunting.

"Black rhinos are very territorial so you will have an older male that is keeping younger males from reproducing," he explained.

"By removing these older males from the population, you get an increase in the production of calves. Younger males are able to impregnate the females that are in that area so you get more offspring than from some of these older males."
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Hunting club raises money to save black rhino... by hunting a black rhino
Let's just hope that hunting club doesn't raise money for hungry children. Could...be.....disastrous.
Quote:"Black rhinos are very territorial so you will have an older male that is keeping younger males from reproducing," he explained.

Err..... who is going to walk up to a black rhino....I wonder if there is any significance to it being a "black" rhino in Texas?....and ask for its birth certificate?
(October 25, 2013 at 4:47 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: It actually kind of makes sense, in a way:

Quote:"By removing these older males from the population, you get an increase in the production of calves. Younger males are able to impregnate the females that are in that area so you get more offspring than from some of these older males."

Yes it does.

If it is the truth.
(October 25, 2013 at 5:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"Black rhinos are very territorial so you will have an older male that is keeping younger males from reproducing," he explained.

Err..... who is going to walk up to a black rhino....I wonder if there is any significance to it being a "black" rhino in Texas?....and ask for its birth certificate?

I would imagine that it's done similarly to how you determine if a moose has a legal rack before you shoot it, or how you measure a fish before spearing it: Very carefully.

Also - when hunting dangerous game in many places in Africa, you are required to hire a licensed guide who is responsible for identifying animals that are legal to harvest. I have no idea whether this is the case in Namibia.

I'm a bit surprised that they allow harvest of black rhino at all - but given the rationale, it does make sense.
(October 25, 2013 at 6:36 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Also - when hunting dangerous game in many places in Africa, you are required to hire a licensed guide who is responsible for identifying animals that are legal to harvest. I have no idea whether this is the case in Namibia.

I think the article stated that all black rhino hunts are conducted with guides and under the watch of wildlife officials.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(October 25, 2013 at 5:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Err..... who is going to walk up to a black rhino....I wonder if there is any significance to it being a "black" rhino in Texas?....and ask for its birth certificate?
Bitch, you don't ask a Texan for ANYTHING unless you want your ass shot off. Even our rhinos are armed with semiautomatics (and often pass out and leave them for baby rhinos to play with).

*thumps chest and growls*

ow. cough.
Got it, Zaz.

[Image: kids-with-guns.jpg]
(October 25, 2013 at 11:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Got it, Zaz.

Can I adopt the one to the far right? She is the only one that looks happy, despite holding heavier pistols.
(October 26, 2013 at 12:07 am)cato123 Wrote:
(October 25, 2013 at 11:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Got it, Zaz.

Can I adopt the one to the far right? She is the only one that looks happy, despite holding heavier pistols.

She ought not point it at her fucking sister's head, for fucks sake. Stupid, stupid, stupid parents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 7769 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 730 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Fools And Their Money! Minimalist 10 1062 May 18, 2018 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Start a war, save your Presidency? Jehanne 10 1827 May 12, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Goddammit, We Paid Good Money For You Whores! Minimalist 13 911 September 23, 2017 at 7:22 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Take away money from PP and Food stamps to fund border wall NuclearEnergy 72 13561 July 18, 2017 at 3:09 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 15849 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Defense: The Problem Is Not Money Minimalist 4 946 March 18, 2017 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why should my hard earned money go to those less fortunate? Loading Please Wait 147 11710 December 13, 2016 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Donate your hard-earned money to the US government!!! Jehanne 14 4200 May 1, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd