Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules?
Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules?
I want to understand that forum rule.

I really dont like that "person" I had on my ignore list and had absolutly no intention to in any way block out the moderaters possibility to reach me.

I simply no longer wanted to read anything he posted and avoid him.

In fact I had absolutly no Idea that this forum had a rule against having a moderator on the ignore list until I warned.
RE: Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules?
The rule predates my appointment to staff, but one reason is that it prevents the person you put on ignore from contacting you by PM. As staff uses PM to communicate official business, it is necessary for any staff member to contact every member by PM.

It also prevents a member from seeing in-forum official notices.

For what it's worth, staff can't put anyone on ignore.
uh-oh.... TGAC had esq or apo on ignore?
Lalala
(October 26, 2013 at 8:11 pm)pocaracas Wrote: uh-oh.... TGAC had esq or apo on ignore?
Lalala

nope.

I had someone on it for 2 months or longer.

keep guessing Tongue
(October 26, 2013 at 6:20 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I want to understand that forum rule.
It allows us to contact everyone on the forums. It also means a person can't just ignore staff. Call me crazy, but I think it's a little ridiculous to want to be part of a community but also ignore those that lead the community.

Quote:I really dont like that "person" I had on my ignore list and had absolutly no intention to in any way block out the moderaters possibility to reach me.
Don't worry, I don't like you either. However, I have this amazing ability to not respond to posts from people I dislike if I so choose. It's terribly terribly sad that you lack this rare gift.

Quote:I simply no longer wanted to read anything he posted and avoid him.
Well, seeing as you have an inability to simply not respond to my posts, you're a bit screwed there.

Quote:In fact I had absolutly no Idea that this forum had a rule against having a moderator on the ignore list until I warned.
Someone who has been warned and banned at various points since he's been a member here hasn't ever read the rules? It can't be true!

</sarcasm>
(October 26, 2013 at 8:18 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Don't worry, I don't like you either. However, I have this amazing ability to not respond to posts from people I dislike if I so choose. It's terribly terribly sad that you lack this rare gift.

This has nothing to do with "dislike". You framed me and lied about me and when I offered you to have this conflict between us resolved you neglected and acused me of doing the very things you actualy did.

No, this is not about simply "disliking" people, since I respond to alot of people I dont think much of.

I just genuenly think of you as a dishonest person and opportunist who cowardly refuses to take responsibility for anyhing he does.

Auf nie mehr wiedersehen.
Ok, I'll bite. Exactly what do you mean by "framed", and where exactly did I do it?
(October 26, 2013 at 8:26 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Ok, I'll bite. Exactly what do you mean by "framed", and where exactly did I do it?

"Auf nie mehr wiedersehen" means "Auf nie mehr wiedersehen". It adds a "nie mehr" to the "Auf wiedersehen" and changes it`s meaning.

You had your chance to straiten this out with me. You pushed it off.

Auf nie mehr wiedersehen.
That post had absolutely nothing to do with what I asked. I asked what you meant by "framed", and where I did it.

As I recall, you came to me asking if you should apologise for your behaviour. I responded by saying that was something you should decide on your own. I'd already forgotten about then entire thing by that point, so it wasn't me who pushed things off...things were already in the past. It was you who brought them all back up when you came back from your absence.
(October 26, 2013 at 8:14 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote:
(October 26, 2013 at 8:11 pm)pocaracas Wrote: uh-oh.... TGAC had esq or apo on ignore?
Lalala

nope.

I had someone on it for 2 months or longer.

keep guessing Tongue

Should I keep guessing??
Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Ignore" Leaderboard SteveII 86 7228 August 17, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Buddy List Alerts Foxaèr 15 3427 May 2, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  List Posts BrianSoddingBoru4 15 3086 April 7, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What is the "Buddy List" for? Why must we request/give consent? Whateverist 16 2556 November 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: shadow
  Having site issues Foxaèr 11 1628 November 1, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  emoticon problem fixed -ignore ignoramus 16 2081 October 6, 2017 at 11:30 pm
  Buddy List: What Is It / What does it Do? Neo-Scholastic 17 3266 November 20, 2016 at 10:05 pm
  Is anyone else having issues loading the forum? Losty 19 2396 June 14, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Losty
  About the ignore list Orchids 28 3570 September 22, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Suggestion for a minor rules change. Ravenshire 24 6240 July 8, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Napoléon