Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinful Believers Wearing Their Sins
Sinful Believers Wearing Their Sins
Those who's 'sins' are worn for all to see - I'm talking about gluttony.

Please don't get me wrong here - I like big gals, so this IS NOT about obesity in general (though it is a real health concern for some people). I'm just blown away by the number of obese Christians who have no problem calling out my 'sins' and then stuffing their faces at the table. I have a better question than "Why Won't God Heal Amputees™". I'll ask; why can't god heal obesity in his own church?

[Image: fatchristians_zps945970e2.jpg][Image: fallwell_zpsc8d19e07.jpg][Image: fatjesus_zps53e27a2a.jpg][Image: fatprayer_zps8a141392.jpg][Image: fatsign_zps5a358682.jpg][Image: fatpreacher_zps9d1bb2ef.jpg]

And just for laughs...

[Image: fat-guy-eats-in-church-300x194_zps26496b5a.jpg]

End of rant Cranky
RE: Sinful Believers Wearing Their Sins
I had to stop here before going to sleep... Dammit.

Fff, wtf?
Being fat is not something that applies just to them and they are not limited to just being fat. To me your rant is really pointless.

Not like my propaganda rants.

Go cook something. Muah!
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
You can't always blame obesity on gluttony. True, some people may be gluttons, but that doesn't meant that other obese people don't have thyroid or other medical problems.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:I'm just blown away by the number of obese Christians

Too many church bake sales, I'll wager.
Gluttony is not a sin. It's a lifestyle.

I think the fact that christians think eating too much is a sin just shows how off the mark god is.

Oh and obesity is bad for you, don't go in blind, it's possible to indulge without putting your health in danger. The longer you live the more you get to eat!
(October 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: I'm just blown away by the number of obese Christians who have no problem calling out my 'sins' and then stuffing their faces at the table.
(specific language used for a reason folks)

These are the ones I was talking about. I see this kind swarming into fast food every Sunday after church, and every day thereafter. This rant is calling out the hypocritical lack of self -control that these kind share, and is NOT addressed to obesity in general.
(I made that very clear)

(October 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: Please don't get me wrong here - I like big gals, so this IS NOT about obesity in general (though it is a real health concern for some people).
I thought being fat was the norm in yankee land? I guess most of the people you're talking about don't even see themselves as fat or gluttonous?
(October 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: You can't always blame obesity on gluttony. True, some people may be gluttons, but that doesn't meant that other obese people don't have thyroid or other medical problems.

What he said.

... And I know what you meant, fff.

Just throwing it out there.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(October 28, 2013 at 1:23 pm)Ivy Wrote:
(October 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: You can't always blame obesity on gluttony. True, some people may be gluttons, but that doesn't meant that other obese people don't have thyroid or other medical problems.

What he said.

... And I know what you meant, fff.

Just throwing it out there.

Strange that so few people have thyroid or other medical problems in Ethiopia, for example. Its also markedly lower in Europe and Asia - although climbing(?)

What is the percentage of obese people in the US now?

I'd say gluttony was the MAJOR cause of obesity.

The point is not that atheists are not also fat - they can be - but gluttony is one of the Christian 7 deadly sins. So they are sinners calling other out for their sin (also something Jesus told them not to do).

Fat Christians, therefore should expect to burn in hell along with us atheists - and with their body mass they'll burn for ages....Tongue
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(October 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: You can't always blame obesity on gluttony.

Agreed. Nowhere in my OP will you find me making any such statement nor allusion. The thread is about lazy, fat, theist fuckwits who shovel food down their throats by the ton, as they sit in judgment of anyone who 'sins'.

Example A
An obese Christian judges a man as a glutton for his high alcohol consumption. The next day the same Christian eats four cheeseburgers and two large fries. The obese Christian DID NOT do it because he's obese - he did it because he's a hypocrite.

Example B
A judge sentences a man to 2 years in jail for indecent exposure to a minor. The next day the same judge exposes himself to a minor. The judge DID NOT do it because he's a judge - he did it because he is a hypocrite.

This thread does not address obesity nor its MANY causes. This thread is calling out hypocrites.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1020 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58494 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1758 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 882 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns Cecelia 63 9909 March 17, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27290 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Two More Xhristard Assholes Killed Their Kid Minimalist 17 4583 June 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1079 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Have we asked theists what they'd do if their kids turned out like us? Whateverist 20 3343 December 15, 2016 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  What if Jesus died for his own sins? Nihilist Virus 32 5535 August 27, 2016 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Whateverist