Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christianity vs Atheism
Christianity vs Atheism
I'm currently working on an Apologetics project in which I need to talk to a few people who consider to be atheists and why they believe what they do.
Question 1: Why do you not believe in a God
Question 2: Why do you choose to deny the existence of a God
I'll start off with that, thank you, I look forward to an interesting conversation
RE: Christianity vs Atheism
Really?! I mean REALLY?!? THAT's how you want to word your question???

jesusfuckingchristonapopciclestick
[Image: Evolution.png]

(October 29, 2013 at 2:39 pm)Informative2016 Wrote: I'm currently working on an Apologetics project in which I need to talk to a few people who consider to be atheists and why they believe what they do.
I'll start off with that, thank you, I look forward to an interesting conversation

Question 1: Why do you believe in a delusion?
Question 2: Why do you choose to deny the existence of your delusion?
(October 29, 2013 at 2:39 pm)Informative2016 Wrote: I'm currently working on an Apologetics project in which I need to talk to a few people who consider to be atheists and why they believe what they do.
Because a god does not exist.
(October 29, 2013 at 2:39 pm)Informative2016 Wrote: Question 2: Why do you choose to deny the existence of a God
See above response.
(October 29, 2013 at 2:42 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Really?! I mean REALLY?!? THAT's how you want to word your question???

jesusfuckingchristonapopciclestick

I'm guessing that you do not have the fullest capacity in your mindset to understand the simplicity of my question. IF you are an atheist, WHY? Is there some specific reason as to why you choose to NOT believe in a God, you already acknowledge the fact that there IS a God, now why is there a denial?
Only a filthy arrogant apologist would word a question so utterly biased.

I'll try it on you ...
Why do you sir choose to deny the utter brilliance and perfection of Cinjin?

Notice how I have not proven these things but still asked you why you deny they do indeed exist.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Those two questions appear to be the exact same thing stated twice. However, the second implies that atheists do actually believe in a god (stop capitalizing the 'g' if you have 'a' in front please), but they merely pretend not to. Which, if that's what you're saying, you're an ignoramus prick who is so stupidly arrogant and wrong as to make me laugh. To not believe in the existence of a god does not mean it is a fact that there is a god. That's stupidly incoherent.

Now, to answer:

I don't think a god exists because I see no sound and convincing evidence supporting that any do. All attempts at bolstering theism that I'm aware of are flawed post hoc rationalizations, and oftentimes even if they are true they don't establish what they are purported to.
(October 29, 2013 at 2:46 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote:
Because a god does not exist.
(October 29, 2013 at 2:39 pm)Informative2016 Wrote: Question 2: Why do you choose to deny the existence of a God
See above response.

Your response is too vague. You would not like to elaborate on that? I mean you are already accepting the fact that there is a higher power, by this you are acknowledging that there IS a God. Why do you choose not to believe in Him?
(October 29, 2013 at 2:47 pm)Informative2016 Wrote: I'm guessing that you do not have the fullest capacity in your mindset to understand the simplicity of my question. IF you are an atheist, WHY? Is there some specific reason as to why you choose to NOT believe in a God, you already acknowledge the fact that there IS a God, now why is there a denial?

I'm guessing that you do not have the fullest capacity in your mindset to understand the simplicity of our responses. IF you are an a-Zeusist, WHY? Is there some specific reason as to why you choose to NOT believe in Zeus, you already acknowledge the fact that there IS a Zeus, now why is there a denial?
The Rules Wrote:No Advertising
If you want to promote a product or service then please contact one of the administrators or moderators by private message first. This also applies to people conducting research or surveys. Whilst most in the community would be glad to help with such projects, we still would like you to get permission from the staff before posting.

Yeah, read the rules before posting shit.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism, Deism & Christianity Cinjin 25 10856 October 3, 2011 at 3:12 am
Last Post: Cinjin