Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britney Spears music used to ward off pirates
Britney Spears music used to ward off pirates
No, seriously, it's not an Onion article:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/...10868.html

Quote:Can Britney Spears ward off a group of swashbuckling pirates? According to the British Royal Navy, the answer is aye aye, Captain.

The "Toxic" singer's catchy early hits like "Oops! I Did It Again" and "...Baby One More Time" have been used by naval officers to ward off Somali pirates off the east coast of Africa.

"Her songs were chosen by the security team because they thought the pirates would hate them most," Merchant Navy Second Officer Rachel Owens, who works on supertankers, told Metro UK.

I think just about any modern pop music would be enough to make the pirates keep throwing up enough to where they wouldn't be physically able to carry out an attack.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Britney Spears music used to ward off pirates
If I would be in the crew of that ship I would risk it with the pirates instead I would rather be killed or robbed by bunch of black guys than being slowly tormented by pop music
Quote:"Her songs were chosen by the security team because they thought the pirates would hate them most,"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

[Image: Evolution.png]

I believe using music from Lady Ga Ga or Miley Cyrus would be a violation of the Geneva Conventions.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
This was so funny I posted it on my FB. Thanks Thomas Smile
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
I love Britney Spears.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
My sister loves Britney Spears. Too much. Therefore, I have come to dislike Britney with a passion.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(October 29, 2013 at 4:20 pm)Pretzel Logic Wrote: If I would be in the crew of that ship I would risk it with the pirates instead I would rather be killed or robbed by bunch of black guys than being slowly tormented by pop music

Yeah, some choice. Piracy or mutiny!
Every time we take a Caribbean cruise, we hear "Margaritaville" played all over the place. Not that it's a bad song, but you get tired of hearing it so much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1026 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Theresa May seen off the coast of Blackpool Cod 0 325 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  Essex (UK) village used in 'appalling' Trump candidate advert Duty 21 1695 November 1, 2018 at 6:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Propheting off dead kids. Gawdzilla Sama 15 1299 May 23, 2018 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Will Piss Off Sessions Minimalist 0 379 May 14, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Little Marco Mouths Off. Accidentally Tells The Truth Minimalist 3 682 May 1, 2018 at 10:30 pm
  Third parties profiting off of poor outcomes for patients....in AMERICA!? Aegon 23 3389 April 28, 2018 at 5:41 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Help PISS OFF Mike <---dickface Pence! Brian37 14 2838 March 27, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Why Don't You Go Jump Off A Bridge Minimalist 5 1648 March 25, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1347 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm