Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:49 am

Poll: Your view on death
This poll is closed.
Death Is Beautiful
54.17%
13 54.17%
I'm Afraid Of Death
45.83%
11 45.83%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think death is beautiful.
I think death is beautiful.
The peace, no pain and what ever we are constantly thinking about just gone it won't bother us anymore. Isn't this beautiful? So why do people fear death,why are we trying to live longer,it really does not matter if you are going to live 10 more years or 1 more year the end is same for all,If you will have an great life or an pathetic miserable life you will return to the ground as every living organism does.

Share your thoughts on this subject

Angel Cloud
RE: I think death is beautiful.
Depends if the casket is open.
I don't fear death.
I fear dying.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Death is what makes life valuable.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 1, 2013 at 2:31 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I don't fear death.
I fear dying.

Why? It must be pretty sweet when someone looks at your dying eyes and they see all the regrets,mistakes and the pain you went through.

Quote: Death is what makes life valuable.

Yea but when we die all our memories die with us so when you are dead you won't remember the good or tough times you had in life,nor the things you did,...
Do you dig what I'm trying to say.
One of the most wise and touching parts of the bible is in the OT where Solomon noted that the king and the begger meet the same end
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(November 1, 2013 at 2:35 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: One of the most wise and touching parts of the bible is in the OT where Solomon noted that the king and the begger meet the same end

Sadly, that isn't even widom.....just simple observation.
(November 1, 2013 at 2:34 pm)Pretzel Logic Wrote: Yea but when we die all our memories die with us so when you are dead you won't remember the good or tough times you had in life,nor the things you did,...
Do you dig what I'm trying to say.

Yeah, I "dig."

My point was, however, that the reason we put so much value on life is due to the fact that it is finite. The thing we fear(not me, personally) the most is the thing that makes life precious.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I understand people not fearing their own deaths. But do you fear other people's deaths? Like your family and friends.
Yes, death can be beautiful, but how much more so is life?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Beautiful Lie Fake Messiah 14 755 January 23, 2022 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
Thumbs Up Why do people worry what happens after death,but dont think what happens before birth MountainsWinAgain 14 3663 June 21, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: RaisdCath