Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorcerers Unlawful!
Sorcerers Unlawful!
Jedi Mind Tricks are not allowed!

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/government...st-sorcery

Now your population has to be real daft to believe someone can make it rain money!

How much does their religion play a role in their superstition?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
RE: Sorcerers Unlawful!
(November 3, 2013 at 8:26 am)Dragonetti Wrote: Jedi Mind Tricks are not allowed!

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/government...st-sorcery

Now your population has to be real daft to believe someone can make it rain money!

How much does their religion play a role in their superstition?

Their religion dictates they run circles around a magic meteorite (lucky)7 times. What do you think?
Weirdos! They should be more productive in educating their citizens. They still believe in Hocus Pocus nonsense! The society needs to move forward and leave childish beliefs in the past.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
(November 3, 2013 at 10:44 pm)Dragonetti Wrote: Weirdos! They should be more productive in educating their citizens. They still believe in Hocus Pocus nonsense! The society needs to move forward and leave childish beliefs in the past.

Well, obviously...but good luck getting that across.
*Hides boline, athame, candles, spices and spells*

I wuddn't doin' nothin'.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
(November 3, 2013 at 10:53 pm)Owlix Wrote: *Hides boline, athame, candles, spices and spells*

I wuddn't doin' nothin'.

If you can only please phonetically pronounce 'athame', I promise to rep you.

(Ahh-thuh-may?)
I know. Keeping the angry mob stupid is to the benefit of those in power.
Salem's Witch Trials 2.0?
I am not sure why people still believe in Magic!
What's funny (or sad depending how you look at it) is even if someone could make money appear out of thin air it would essentially become useless and we as a society would just put value on another substance to exchange as currency. So either way they just stay poor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK Supreme Court: Suspending Parliament was unlawful zebo-the-fat 6 583 September 25, 2019 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: GUBU