Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My introduction
My introduction
I'm not sure what to say, but I'll give a little background. I'm 16 and will be 17 in January. I play vidya games (PC=master race, k?) I've been Atheist for nearly 3 years. I've always questioned the existence of god and legitimacy of jesus since my earliest memories. I feel I can only be myself around other Atheists. Theists around me seem to only judge. (Ironic isn't it?) I've acquired this notion which made me believe that anyone who isn't Atheist, or doesn't accept evolution is pathetic. I know how much (some) Atheists despise Atheist-elitists, but it seems as if there's a double standard in place which allows christians to do whatever the hell they want and offend who ever they want, but if you're an Atheist telling someone belonging to a congregation what they should and shouldn't be doing, you're trying to push your "beliefs" on people. Religion as a whole has set us humans back from achieving or discovering our full potential. Who knows where we all could be had religion been viewed as something idiotic? It couldn't possibly be worse than where we are.

I could go on and on about my "hate" towards religion and extreme dislike for Christians, but I'd rather introduce another side of me.

I plan on going to college for Aerospace Engineering(4 year degree). After, I'll be joining the Navy equipped with an officer rank which gives me way more options to choose from than if I hadn't received a 4-year degree. If everything works out, I'll become a Navy fighter pilot. I'm not sure how the whole process works so I won't keep talking out my ass pretending I do. A few years down the line when I've established credit and built a foundation for myself and maybe my family, I plan on returning to college and get my law degree.

I'm not sure what else should be here.. bai.

Here are a few pics of my PC.
http://imgur.com/I1ERSf5,1wkX7uS,USaY9iX,VoLcMG2#0
RE: My introduction
Welcome to the elitist zone from a pa......
(November 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm)Rigor Mortis Wrote: If everything works out, I'll become a Navy fighter pilot.
(partial quote)

If everything works out, and religion perishes soon, we'll have no need for any fighters of any kind.

I like your zeal Welcome
Hi, and welcome!

I don't hate Christians, personally. I see them as any other brainwashed cult member, or perhaps, mentally challenged individual...
Welcome, RM! Enjoy your time here!
Welcome!

I don't particularly agree with your ideology, but you seem like an honest kid.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(November 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm)Rigor Mortis Wrote: I know how much (some) Atheists despise Atheist-elitists, but it seems as if there's a double standard in place which allows christians to do whatever the hell they want and offend who ever they want, but if you're an Atheist telling someone belonging to a congregation what they should and shouldn't be doing, you're trying to push your "beliefs" on people.

And that's why people should just try and be the better person rather than sinking to another's level.

It's not about a double standard, it's about some people being arseholes. "Atheist-elitists" are just as much arseholes as the religious people who spout their nonsense wanting to force people into believing things.

Welcome aboard anyway.
Welcome!
Welcome!
And good luck with your life plans! They sound nice... but requiring a lot of hard work!
Welcome. I hope you don't get too stiff.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 732 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 971 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1954 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1406 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3964 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2267 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1998 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1161 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 978 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2901 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2