Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I renounce God
I renounce God
I came to realize that I was being presented with three options.

A.) Accept that I'm worshiping a god who condones things I find to be immoral

B.) Bury my head in the sand

C.) Renounce these beliefs because the options A and B are absurd.

It was an easy choice.
RE: I renounce God
I am glad it was easy, I was an apologist and over a course of few years I finally relented and deconverted. It was painful and not easy. It can be a healing experience and you will notice a huge weight lifted....almost as if you are born again.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
I was an apologist in a different way. Instead of trying to prove God's existence I just presented myself in a way to indirectly say not all Christians were bad as if it made up for the countless thousands who oppressed and harassed them for being Atheists.
Unfortunately many thiests choose option D...

D) Invent fanciful and absurd excuses to dismiss divine moral abuses to keep the enjoyable parts of the fantasy intact.

The crazies opt for E....

E) Assert that god cannot be immoral, regardless of behavior, by definition.
Cato123, and that is what we call Cognitive Dissonance. Amazing the leaps they will attempt to create. Anyway welcome to the darkside.

(November 5, 2013 at 11:03 am)cato123 Wrote: Unfortunately many thiests choose option D...

D) Invent fanciful and absurd excuses to dismiss divine moral abuses to keep the enjoyable parts of the fantasy intact.

The crazies opt for E....

E) Assert that god cannot be immoral, regardless of behavior, by definition.

And I thought I was crazy for contemplating A and B...

(November 5, 2013 at 11:07 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: Anyway welcome to the darkside.

Where's the cookies?
Right over there *points* , anywho I was like that too. I would debate, but I would show that not all christians are ignorant or stupid. Sadly that comes with a price, since as you have found out. With knowledge you begin to see your world view unravel as moral contradictions become more and more obvious.

(November 5, 2013 at 10:41 am)ToriJ Wrote: I came to realize that I was being presented with three options.

A.) Accept that I'm worshiping a god who condones things I find to be immoral

B.) Bury my head in the sand

C.) Renounce these beliefs because the options A and B are absurd.

It was an easy choice.
Congratulations, it's a powerful step. I found that once I'd stopped worshiping, it was a fairly short step to realising I no longer believed. Many people find that part the hardest though; it's the final relinquishing of the indoctrinal & institutional supernatural concepts.
Sum ergo sum
Congratulations! Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
congratulations. Welcome aboard. Have fun being free and without confusion for once in life. Smile