Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:17 am

Poll: How much of $100,000,000 lottery prize would you give away?
This poll is closed.
None. Not one damn dollar.
18.18%
4 18.18%
Not more than 1%
0%
0 0%
1 to 5%
0%
0 0%
5 to 10%
9.09%
2 9.09%
15 to 20%
9.09%
2 9.09%
20 to 30%
9.09%
2 9.09%
30 to 50%
13.64%
3 13.64%
I would give AT LEAST 50% away.
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hypothetical Game
The Hypothetical Game
A fun little hypothetical game. ( Poll and OP are separate Questions)

If I won $1,000,000 US dollars I would ...

Answer the following question assuming that the $1,000,000 (or equivalent in your country) was the remaining amount of the prize after taxes.
Provide one picture of something you would splurge on. Big Grin

Aprox. International Conversion Values Wrote:British Pound = 630,000
Australian Dollar = 1,050,000
Euro = 740,000

If I won $1,000,000 dollars I would ...

Throw a lavish party for my closest friends and family, giving about 20 people $1000 each just to say "I love you." (Of course it would be more if the prize money was greater.)
Pay off the remaining mortgage on my house immediately.
Pay off my wife's vehicle.

Since I have no other debt, I would invest the money with a well trusted investor that I have been investing with for years.
Yeah, but probably not before I bought myself one of these:
[Image: thethrottle-muscle-car-monday-is-a-rando...nimate.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: The Hypothetical Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4
[Image: Grand_Piano_Yamaha_CFIIIS_06.jpg5207fd08...Larger.jpg]

And probably a house where it would fit. Having a grand piano in an apartment is frowned upon.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I would....

Form a private T.V. production company and complete all the episodes of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy that the BBC never made using as many original cast members as possible.

It would start where episode 6 left off and then follow, as faithfully as possible, all 5 books taking in heavy influence from the radio series also.

This would be my tribute to Douglas Adams and I wouldn't care if I blew the lot!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(November 5, 2013 at 3:31 pm)Darwinian Wrote: I would....

Form a private T.V. production company and complete all the episodes of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy that the BBC never made using as many original cast members as possible.

It would start where episode 6 left off and then follow, as faithfully as possible, all 5 books taking in heavy influence from the radio series also.

This would be my tribute to Douglas Adams and I wouldn't care if I blew the lot!

Wow,
A million dollars goes a LOT further in the UK than it does here. Tongue

The h2g2 fan base would, I'm sure, give me huge support and be heavily involved Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
The poll says I get $100 million, but your post says I get $1 million.

A big difference!
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

So the poll question was for a hundred million? Uncle Sam gets about 40%, I'd give away / set up a charitable trust with about half of what was left, and use the rest to generate a decent income for the rest of my life, and provide for my son's future. I have no desire to live an extravagant lifestyle. I do, however, have a desire to tell my employer to fuck himself. Big Grin

Oh, and I'd be in the market for one of these:

With a million? I'd stash it in the bank and retire to Central America and live out my days in the sun, modestly.
(November 5, 2013 at 3:40 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: The poll says I get $100 million, but your post says I get $1 million.

A big difference!

The poll and the post are separate.

If I won a million dollars, first I would travel around the world with my family and friends, then I would buy a house, and then I would adopt 1 or 2 children.