Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Zombie Survival Thread!
The Zombie Survival Thread!
OK, here's how this goes. Answer the information given.

What kind of survivor are you?

1. Leader
  2. Secondary leader/organizer
  3. Scavenger
  4. Forager
  5. Hunter
  6. Doctor/Medic
  7. Guard
  8. Lone wolf
  9. Helpless, hapless victim

What is your approach to ZoApoc life?

1. Humanist: Death Before Dishonor; save everyone possible, or die trying.
  2. Nihilist: Dishonor Before Death; Pragmatism, if others need help, they need to help themselves.
  3. Pragmatist: Sacrifice Is Just Natural; Survival is our only goal; the strong survive, the weak perish.
  4. Desperate optimist: It's Always Darkest Before Dawn; The next city will have something. And if not that one, then the next.
  5. Defeated Pessimist: Quoth the Raven, Nevermore; The world has ended, there is no hope, why even bother fighting? Let it all end.
  6. Lone wolf: Others Only Slow Down Number One; It's every many for himself.
  7. Psychopath: EVERYONE IS A ZOMBIE, JUST OUT TO GET ME!! The mind has snapped; you will not live long, but then, neither will anyone near you.
  8. Degenerate: What Isn't Mine And What Is Yours...I Will Make Mine; Prey upon others, sustain yourself at their expense; rape, murder, theft; indulge your bestial side.
  9. Victim: When One Dies, It's A Tragedy. But When A Million Die, It's Just A Statistic; One of the ZoApoc's many, many billions victims.

What is your preferred style of combat?

1. Melee: Your hands, the plank of wood, the combat knife, the sword, the baseball bat.
  2. Short-range: Shotguns, submachine guns, carbines, thrown spears, crossbows...
  3. Mid-range: Assault rifles and carbines, hunting rifles, battle rifles, light machine guns...
  4. Long range: One shot, one kill.
  5. Explosives: Homemade, military-issue, jury-rigged, wired, remote controlled, fuse-primed...basically if it explodes, it's what you want.
  6. Unarmed: You're either too busy, or too useless, to be armed.
  7. Heavy weapons: rocket lauchers, LMGs, miniguns, the bigger the better.
  8. Traps: Detect them, evade them, annihilate them...your choice.

More to come!
RE: The Zombie Survival Thread!
3/9/4

I'd consider myself to be a strategically practical girl willing to help others (so long as they're not infected in which case I'd be happy to perform a mercy killing)

Scavenger
Long range: One shot, one kill.
Victim: When One Dies, It's A Tragedy. But When A Million Die, It's Just A Statistic; One of the ZoApoc's many, many billions victims.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
7/3/1
I said 3 for the second question, I think that's the biologist in me. I think I would try to help someone if I could, but I've never been in a life or death situation, so I don't know how I would react tbh.
You keep referencing zombies, so I'm assuming we're talking about them specifically, so here goes: I usually end up being the Leader,but I think of myself as more of a Forager or a Scavenger, and would probably take on all three. My approach would be closest to the Humanist, only it would be saving as many people *I care about* as possible, and then I'm a cross between a Nihilist and a Pragmatist. As far as combat, I'd have to use traps for the long-range and be in the melee for the short-range fight.

This is fun! Thanks Creed!
I'd like to protest the nature of this thread and the title is totally misleading.
It's not easy for a zombie to survive, what with cricket bats, shot guns and that accursed Alice.
I thought at last someone was offering some help but no it's just another anti zombie hate thread.
So we want to eat your brains, is that so unreasonable?
Most people hardly seem to use them anyway.
Your plastic pal who's fun to be with![Image: b7wAvWj.png]

2 1 4. More of an organizer than a leader even if it's secondary. I also prefer to pick off the enemy as far away as physically possible. I'm sure my inability to leave someone behind after attachments has been made will get me killed in the end. I won't last long.
Or.. if people like you and I stuck together and never left each other behind: maybe we'd last a good long while.

Marvin--we could just keep him around on a leash for comic relief!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

Marvin the Zombie!
1. 3
2. 2
3. Can be 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7.

I have been training in those areas during my military career and government contracting time.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Ooh! I call him first!

I called him first.

He's in me and Tori's team. And Marvin's our mascot. Eat it, bitches.

[Image: zombie-robot-live-wallpaper-843544-1-s-307x512.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread. Edwardo Piet 69 8328 January 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 4003 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Zombie Jesus? Number 9 8 1516 November 28, 2013 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Sam Kinison - Zombie Christ et al Tino 3 2029 October 31, 2012 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  How 7 iconic movie characters would do in a zombie attack. frankiej 0 1312 January 20, 2012 at 7:06 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Shit son! How everything goes to hell in a zombie apocalypse frankiej 8 2159 October 4, 2011 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Cyberman