Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from the netherworld
Back from the netherworld
Hi
I am risen! Praise the... oh wait, I wasn't dead. Never mind.

First, if any of you made bets about a certain abrahamic god deciding to smite me for my apostasy, it's time to pay up.

Now, onto business. As you can see, I am very much alive (well, I could be typing this from a hospital bed, missing three of my limbs and dying of a generic disease, but... I'm not). I have been rather busy this first term of school and figured that I wouldn't have the time to attend to any discussions that I might have participated in over these last few months. While there may be some truth to that, I am now unsure as to if it was the best idea. The first half of my next term will be even worse, but once winter break rolls around, I should have some time on my hands.

I have a week long break now, but after that I will be back to reduced free time. In the future I will at least try to post something, but I cannot guarantee that I will be able to respond promptly
(or at all, if the thread is moving really fast).

I have some other miscellaneous things I would like to talk about, and this is the off-topic forum, but I'm not sure if they should be put in this thread. Should I just put it in my next post?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
RE: Back from the netherworld
Nah, wait until the one after the next one.
Welcome back. Rumor was it that you had turned Mormon.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Hey! Glad to have you back, I've missed you! *hugs Darkstar*
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

You probably don't remember me, but I remember you! Welcome back!
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Hey man!
Welcome back!
Enjoy all the new chew toys!