Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone wanna get furious, for a second?
Anyone wanna get furious, for a second?
If so, let's all read about some Polish church officials blaming instances of pedophilia on those damn, promiscuous children!

Yep, that'd do it!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Anyone wanna get furious, for a second?
(November 9, 2013 at 7:22 pm)Esquilax Wrote: If so, let's all read about some Polish church officials blaming instances of pedophilia on those damn, promiscuous children!

Yep, that'd do it!

I didn't find the article funny.... yet....I wonders why the author then points to: It reminded me of this satirical piece from The Onion:

..oh the blurb at the bottom of the article:

"In the Polish case, the archidiocese of Lodz announced that disciplinary action has been taken against Bochynski."
Quis ut Deus?
(November 9, 2013 at 7:40 pm)ronedee Wrote: I didn't find the article funny.... yet....I wonders why the author then points to: It reminded me of this satirical piece from The Onion:

Because the things that person was saying were so ridiculous and flagrant they, as the author pointed out, had reached a point where they should have been parody.

Quote:..oh the blurb at the bottom of the article:

"In the Polish case, the archidiocese of Lodz announced that disciplinary action has been taken against Bochynski."

Ah, and the fact that action may have been taken in one of the two cases means that any anger I feel that a so called man of god could say such things is invalid?

Two things to note: one is that I wonder what kind of action they're taking? Maybe he's just been moved to another location? Dodgy

The second is that even if this is legitimate discipline, it's happening against only fifty percent of the cases in question, while the big fish, the head of the Polish Episcopate, the Archbishop who said the same things, is just fine.

What was your point again?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(November 9, 2013 at 7:40 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(November 9, 2013 at 7:22 pm)Esquilax Wrote: If so, let's all read about some Polish church officials blaming instances of pedophilia on those damn, promiscuous children!

Yep, that'd do it!

I didn't find the article funny.... yet....I wonders why the author then points to: It reminded me of this satirical piece from The Onion:

..oh the blurb at the bottom of the article:

Because your pervert priests are becoming even too big to caricature!
(November 9, 2013 at 7:49 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Ah, and the fact that action may have been taken in one of the two cases means that any anger I feel that a so called man of god could say such things is invalid?

Two things to note: one is that I wonder what kind of action they're taking? Maybe he's just been moved to another location? Dodgy

The second is that even if this is legitimate discipline, it's happening against only fifty percent of the cases in question, while the big fish, the head of the Polish Episcopate, the Archbishop who said the same things, is just fine.

What was your point again?

Does just throwing a bunch of words at someone make you look good?

1) It wasn't funny. PERIOD

2) "Maybe"? "I wonder"? "IF" its a ligit discipline?

What kind of point(s) are you making?
Quis ut Deus?
My mobile won't open the article, would someone be kind enough to summarize or post the article?
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(November 9, 2013 at 8:24 pm)ronedee Wrote: Does just throwing a bunch of words at someone make you look good?

To the people who understand those words, yes.

Quote:1) It wasn't funny. PERIOD

It wasn't meant to be. It was meant to draw a saddening parallel between an obvious, real parody, and the terrible things a real person actually believes, all the while considering himself a bastion of morality.

Quote:2) "Maybe"? "I wonder"? "IF" its a ligit discipline?

What kind of point(s) are you making?

My point is that, historically, the catholic church would rather cover for the misbehaving of its members in order to keep their reputation intact, rather than meting out real punishment.

(November 9, 2013 at 8:28 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: My mobile won't open the article, would someone be kind enough to summarize or post the article?

Quote:Father Ireneusz Bochynski, from the city of Piotrkow Trybunalski in Central Poland, has said he knows of 10-year-old children who “went to bed with adults, wanting to be fulfilled, and it was the choice of the child.”

That's basically the gist of it: catholic priests victim blaming for their own misbehavior.

(November 9, 2013 at 8:33 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(November 9, 2013 at 8:28 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: My mobile won't open the article, would someone be kind enough to summarize or post the article?

Quote:Father Ireneusz Bochynski, from the city of Piotrkow Trybunalski in Central Poland, has said he knows of 10-year-old children who “went to bed with adults, wanting to be fulfilled, and it was the choice of the child.”

That's basically the gist of it: catholic priests victim blaming for their own misbehavior.

Strange that the priests that were "seduced" by these evil children were unable to say "no".

Wasn't god giving them enough strength?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I don't even have an appropriate description for the level of anger that inspires.

An appropriate disciplinary action would be an immediate initiation into a eunuchs club for priests.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dozens of Nigerians freed from church awaiting 'Second Coming' in Ondo zebo-the-fat 2 572 July 3, 2022 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Jesus' Second Coming Foxaèr 23 2500 June 16, 2020 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The death of the Sun and Jesus' Second Coming. Jehanne 13 1764 October 30, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4135 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  The Catholics Get More Despicable as they get Minimalist 26 11143 April 14, 2010 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Violet