Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well intended but wrong headed OP/ED
Well intended but wrong headed OP/ED
http://mondoweiss.net/2012/08/california...peech.html

I really cannot stand the equation to bigotry in the face of criticism or blasphemy. This is bullshit. While it may be true that some can hate without good reason, saying that no country is perfect nor their politicians or actions, is not bigotry. Everyone, including my believing family and friends have criticized me personally while not liking something I do, but I do not take it as if they hate me personally. This is the same stupid logic that caused Issac Hayes, after years of being part of a show (South Park) that criticized and blasphemed every race and religion, quit when they got to his Scientology. Israel does not do everything right anymore than America has. I'd advise my liberal friends that we had slavery, genocide of Native Americans, sexism, and imprisonment of Japanese Citizens. Without the ability to criticize, we do neither good for free speech of the majority or minority. Are there bigots who hate Israel? Yes, but that should not allow Israel or it's supporters the right to create taboos. To do such makes us no better than the fascist states that do censor.
RE: Well intended but wrong headed OP/ED
The article is 14 months old. Is it still even 'on the books'?

A quick reading sure makes a case that legislators are the only 'class' of 'Muricans deserving of bigotry, don't it?
(November 10, 2013 at 8:11 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: The article is 14 months old. Is it still even 'on the books'?

A quick reading sure makes a case that legislators are the only 'class' of 'Muricans deserving of bigotry, don't it?

The age of the article is not the issue. It remains relevant and should serve as an example for both the majority and minority as an example of what we should not want as a society.

What is missed in this is that power shifts over time and you may not always be in that position of power so laws are better served to take into account that powers shift.
If it's still standing, it's relevance would go beyond a history lesson. First things first.
Write them and tell them that the resolution contradicts the bible. In Titus 1, the bible derides jews and says not to trust them. Did they forget that?

10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, the Cretians (christians?) are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Fuck the bible. It is blatantly unconstitutional.

Has more the feel of a bone thrown to jewish voters.
Well, Israel is a key ally. I can see their reluctance. They just don't want to anger the Jews, as they've been already angering the Arabs for some time, why make the Jew your enemy aswell?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's wrong with Woke Spongebob 40 2829 January 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 340 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Sounds Like Joe Biden "grabs 'em by the *****" as well... ReptilianPeon 16 1383 March 31, 2020 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Well Well Well What Do We Have Here Amarok 14 1182 December 4, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well, Whaddaya Know? Minimalist 6 470 August 30, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Well! Wbat do you know! chimp3 6 998 July 15, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 666 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Well FOX Will Have To Get Rid Of This Guy Minimalist 14 1874 May 5, 2018 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Everything wrong with Fox News in one video Fake Messiah 5 680 March 17, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Philosophy Of Antifa (Or Why It's Critics Are Wrong ) Amarok 10 1613 December 3, 2017 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13