Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stiffed on a tip
Stiffed on a tip
This is not okay.

Quote:Redditor ikma works in a restaurant in Washington, DC. Apparently, an older couple from the “Bible Belt” decided to leave her this as a tip. Here’s ikma’s thought progression:

“Cool, they left me a pretty good tip!”

“Wait a minute, something’s not right…”

Source

Making a person think they're getting a ten dollar tip only to find out it's a meaningless piece of paper that isn't going to put food on the table is a pretty shitty thing to do.
RE: Stiffed on a tip
oh that's jacked up! Tongue
I'd have been really fuckn pissed! Especially of I was a believer!

eta: you should've seen me zoom my face in slowly towards the screen as I read "tenrs"
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
AAARRRRGH!

God, that level of sanctimonious bullshit drives me 'round the fucking bend! That's the sort of tip you frame and hang in your restaurant, with a note beside it: "If you tip like this here, you will be fired out of a fucking cannon. Don't think about it, godwads."
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Stiffed on a tip

Expected this thread to have more 'adult' content...

*dissapointment
Sum ergo sum
Yeah they print them up to look like money just so people will pick them up and then read them. Probably because they know that otherwise nobody would read their crappy religious tracts. Apparently some idiot Christians think it's OK to leave these as a tip because, "God's love is better than money! Derp!" Sure, try paying your rent with God's love.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I couldn't tell you how many times I got one of these as a "tip" over the twelve years I waited tables, both in the Bible Belt, and in Upstate NY. It's pretty fucked.
Christains care about sterile salvation of the dead and rotting, not the living welfare of fellow human beings. What else is new?

I would say the christain deceit of the soul was invented mainly as a convenient excuse for abrogating one's social responsibility to others still of living flesh.
Bill Maher dealt with this last Friday.

http://eater.com/archives/2013/11/11/wat...ervers.php

Scroll down to the video.
I worked for tips for years and would have been furious if some shitbag had left this in lieu of proper consideration for service rendered. The pricks had better hope they're not remembered by the staff because payback in the service industry is a bitch.
If anything, these fake tenners are going to push more people away from Christianity than draw to it. Think about how you'd feel if you were a server with bills to pay, and bust your butt being attentive and giving great service, only to be rewarded with crappy religious preaching. If you weren't keen on attending church before, you're certainly not going to after getting one of those. You're not going to want to have anything to do with sanctimonious tightwad assholes who think it's better to preach than to help someone get by.

Christians are their own worst enemies.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's A Xtian I'll Tip My Hat To Minimalist 0 842 April 9, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist