Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof christianity is false
Proof christianity is false
Many Christians will often ask, or demand prove there is god! I made a post some time ago to do just that, this is a updated version of that original post, with more points and information involved
1. First atheism or if you wish to describe this position in the traditional way, agnosticism is simply a rejection of religious claims, it has no burden of proof. If Christians had proof of the existence of god they would not have to use logical fallacies such as shifting the burden of proof to make a argument, as they nearly always do.
2. The bible makes easily falsified claims, for example genesis 1:11 tells us that the vegetation of the earth was created before the sun. Now a earth without a sun would be something like -180 Celsius and permanently dark. Here I purpose a little experiment, take your mother's petunia or any potted plant and find a large deep freeze and put it in there, and then observe the results. There more disprovable claims then that too E.G plants after Noah's flood.
3. Blatant contradictions in the bible. For example in 1 john 4:12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
But in exodus 33:11
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.
In Genesis 32:22-32 22
That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. 23 After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions. 24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
27 The man asked him, “What is your name?”
“Jacob,” he answered.
28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,[a] because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
29 Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”
But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there.
30 So Jacob called the place Peniel,[b] saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
31 The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel,[c] and he was limping because of his hip. 32 Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob’s hip was touched near the tendon.

Or

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
Or

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.
JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Or

GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
4. Blatant design flaws in human anatomy E.G A jaw that is too small to fit all the teeth, the appendix, the fact that we use one tube for eating and breathing, the fact that your laryngeal runs from your brains stem around your heart and then back up to your larynx, and the fact that the most painful part of the male body is literally hanging on the outside where it can be easily damaged. These are easily avoided design flaws that would have any engineer fired. If Adam did have these flaws corrected before the fall then Adam would have been a different species from us, probably even a different genus.
5. The positioning of the earth in a inner solar filled with asteroids that could easily wipe out life on earth, again a glaring over that now sapient designer would make.
6. The huge list of failed prophecies
skeptics annotated bibl Wrote:

7. The fact that the gospels were not until at least 20 years of the death of Jesus, and in another country and language from where Jesus preached and what he spoke.
8.The fact the morals and laws of the bible seem to line up perfectly with the wants and morals of the barbarian culture that received it.
9. The recovery of a “lost” book of the law under the king Josiah. This “lost” book (Deuteronomy) is also the book of the Torah with the least changes in writing style and language.
10. The earth has a unstable core which has lead to the death of 95% of all life during the Permian mass extinction 250 mya. Why would a all powerful and all knowing designer allow that?
11. The ambiguity of the bible. If the bible was created or even inspired by a god, and was the most important message he could give humanity, as the bible claims itself to be one would expect extra care on the part of this deity to be very clear. With the bible we see the exact opposite, even the the Christians on this forum disagree on major point such as; is the pope gods representative on earth? Or the nature of hell. There are 10's of thousands of denominations of Christianity each preaching different teachings.
12. The god of the bible choses a select tribe in the desert as his chosen people and choses to evaluate them above all other peoples on this planet. This planet is in a galaxy he created, a galaxy that we now est could have up to 20 billion earth-like worlds. And you god choses one backwards tribe from Palestine as his chosen people?
13. Why has god never healed a amputee in a verifiable case?
14. The fact nearly all apologetic arguments will only prove deism under the most ideal conditions.
15. The fact human being have been on this earth for at minimum a 100,000 but heaven waited for at minimum 96,000 years before god intervened. The bible can easily be interpreted to say these people will go to hell, but the bible is by no means clear on this important point.
16. God with a message of extreme importance, reveals this information to a select group of people, who this god has write down his message, knowing that within a thousand years this language will be dead and people will have to rely on translations and copies of copies.
17. If Christianity had evidence, faith would be irrelevant.
18. The documentary theory on compilation of the bible.
19. The problem of evil
Stanford encyclopedia of philosophy Wrote:If God exists, then God is omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect.
If God is omnipotent, then God has the power to eliminate all evil.
If God is omniscient, then God knows when evil exists.
If God is morally perfect, then God has the desire to eliminate all evil.
Evil exists.
If evil exists and God exists, then either God doesn't have the power to eliminate all evil, or doesn't know when evil exists, or doesn't have the desire to eliminate all evil.
Therefore, God doesn't exist.
20. The existence of Satan turns Christianity into self contradictory claim, as you cannot be certain you are not being deceived.

So you asked for evidence, there it is.

Any errors in my writing? feel free to point them out. also add as you will.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Proof christianity is false
I think you'll like this site:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org
(November 15, 2013 at 6:29 am)pocaracas Wrote: I think you'll like this site:

Isn't that the one matt dillahunty often promotes? Because if its the one I think it is, it is a great site.
Signifying nothing.
(November 15, 2013 at 11:49 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(November 15, 2013 at 6:29 am)pocaracas Wrote: I think you'll like this site:

Isn't that the one matt dillahunty often promotes? Because if its the one I think it is, it is a great site.

Errr... it's possible... I think I heard him mention that once...
The whole point of a chariot was speed. They served as mobile archery platforms designed to bring an archer into range and back out of range firing arrows along the way. The notion of an iron fucking chariot is about as stupid and counterproductive as anything in the bible. A slow heavy "chariot" is called a cart....and could easily be overtaken by infantry men and its occupants pulled out and slaughtered.

Just more silly shit in the bible.
But even God couldn't do anything against slow, heavy iron chariots, so that just shows how crappy his omnipotence was.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
God isn't much of a tactician.
(November 15, 2013 at 10:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: God isn't much of a tactician.

Kinda funny how he does not know anything the bible writers wouldn't know.
Signifying nothing.
Respectfully, I think there is a Catagory error in your title. Christianity is a religion (actually a Catagory of religions) not a hypothesis or a stated fact. A religion cannot be "false" or "true" any more than a car can be false, or supporting a football team or a political party can be "false."

All of the things you stated speak to things some / many Christians belief. Not the same.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
It was a comparison of scripture directly from the books of the Christian Bible. Those writing are the foundation of which the religion(s) of Christianity were/are built. Each sect of Christianity is different (all 41,000) of them, so the interpretations within the denominations differ as far as belief goes but the scriptures are written in stone. Can't be much more plain than that

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When believing false things is comforting Foxaèr 45 5270 September 26, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2011 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2054 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths orthodox-man 46 8284 January 29, 2018 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The false self and our knowledge of it's deception proves God. Mystic 89 12232 April 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What gives a religion the right to claim their fantasy is correct and the rest false? Casca 62 6460 November 20, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 6000 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  False pagan gods are not the True ones? theBorg 88 15783 August 17, 2016 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Meaning of Sin, False Christians, Atheists, and Misinterpretations TheChrist 64 13870 August 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Gandhi rejected Christianity as a false religion Foxaèr 13 4274 January 2, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13