Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sickness That Is Religion
The Sickness That Is Religion
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/de...le_sidebar

Quote:Bonne Terre, Missouri (CNN) -- Joseph Paul Franklin is unblinking and empty as he talks about his victims.

Do you know how many people you murdered? "I'd rather not mention it," he says flatly.

By my count, it's 22 people. "That's approximately it."

And those two young boys, just 13, 14 years old.

"Yeah, I regret the fact that I shot them now," he replies.

Franklin has been away from the civilized world for more than 30 years, serving several life sentences behind bars.

We're meeting at the Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center in Bonne Terre, Missouri, where on Wednesday he is scheduled to die by injection.

Quote:I'm willing to accept the will of the Lord'

"It's just not a system that operates according to the Bible. The scriptures tell us when someone repents, God forgives them. Everything is forgotten, once forgiven. But the state doesn't think that way," he says.

The fuckers can always find a way for their bullshit god to "forgive" any crime.
RE: The Sickness That Is Religion
Quote:"It's just not a system that operates according to the Bible. The scriptures tell us when someone repents, God forgives them. Everything is forgotten, once forgiven. But the state doesn't think that way," he says.

What? The bible promotes forgiveness for murderers? When people were put to death for things like being gay or picking up sticks on the Sabbath they just let murderers go free?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: The Sickness That Is Religion
(November 19, 2013 at 2:27 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:
Quote:"It's just not a system that operates according to the Bible. The scriptures tell us when someone repents, God forgives them. Everything is forgotten, once forgiven. But the state doesn't think that way," he says.

What? The bible promotes forgiveness for murderers? When people were put to death for things like being gay or picking up sticks on the Sabbath they just let murderers go free?
Dude, the Bible promotes genocide. Forgiveness for murderers is small beer.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10717 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4905 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19815 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49306 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5186 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused