Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donate via Bitcoin!
Donate via Bitcoin!
I've been carefully watching the cryptocurrency Bitcoin for a while now, and in recent weeks it has gained a lot of attention. If US Congressional hearings into the currency remain positive, it looks like it will become a force to be reckoned with in the future of the Internet.

As such, I've made the decision to start accepting donations via Bitcoin, as an alternative to PayPal donations. The obvious advantages are that you don't need a PayPal account and you can remain (more) anonymous.

So if you want to donate via Bitcoin, our Bitcoin address is: 1jFNjQ9BQ6bhtCHDvv8qSeMF8SBbHkdx7

- Tiberius
RE: Donate via Bitcoin!
There should be a Uk version of this.
Britcoin anyone.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 19, 2013 at 2:49 pm)Tiberius Wrote: So if you want to donate via Bitcoin, our Bitcoin address is: 1jFNjQ9BQ6bhtCHDvv8qSeMF8SBbHkdx7

Couldn't they have added a few symbols, to make it a bit more difficult to memorize? Smile
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Somebody explained Bitcoin to me once and I still don't have any understanding of how it works.

Dunno
[Image: Evolution.png]

Isn't it like virtual confederate money?
Can I donate love?
(December 13, 2013 at 1:45 am)Cinjin Wrote: Somebody explained Bitcoin to me once and I still don't have any understanding of how it works.

Dunno

It's magic!
(December 13, 2013 at 1:59 am)Ryantology Wrote: Can I donate love?

That's one way to phrase it.
Effectively Bitcoin tries to mimic precious metals like gold. The Bitcoin algorithm only allows a finite number of Bitcoins (21 million) to be produced. To produce a Bitcoin, you need to dedicate a large amount of computing power towards solving a mathematical problem, which gets harder to solve every few weeks.

The electronic and decentralised nature of Bitcoin mean that transactions are very quick, and don't have any hidden fees that you sometimes get with banks.
(December 13, 2013 at 1:48 am)Minimalist Wrote: Isn't it like virtual confederate money?

Let's hope so. Confederate money goes for quite a bit of change now-a-days. $100 Union dollars will get you $20 Confederate.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fundraising via hosting? Tiberius 10 4130 May 17, 2012 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist