Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:41 pm

Poll: how would god react if someone killed them self?
This poll is closed.
he would punish them
0%
0 0%
he would understand and be empathetic and loving
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for christians
question for christians
what do you think happens if someone commits suicide? do you believe they go to hell? or get yelled at by god or something?

if someone struggled hard and tried their best but couldn't do it anymore and killed them self, do you think god would understand and be empathetic and loving? or would he get mad and punish them?
RE: question for christians
(November 20, 2013 at 10:19 am)leodeo Wrote: what do you think happens if someone commits suicide? do you believe they go to hell? or get yelled at by god or something?

if someone struggled hard and tried their best but couldn't do it anymore and killed them self, do you think god would understand and be empathetic and loving? or would he get mad and punish them?

Does it matter, they can make an argument for either because their excuse is that their imaginary sky hero can do what he wants and doesn't owe us an explanation. Once you swallow that garbage you can justify anything.
(November 20, 2013 at 10:42 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 20, 2013 at 10:19 am)leodeo Wrote: what do you think happens if someone commits suicide? do you believe they go to hell? or get yelled at by god or something?

Does it matter, they can make an argument for either because their excuse is that their imaginary sky hero can do what he wants and doesn't owe us an explanation. Once you swallow that garbage you can justify anything.

I want to know what the general consensus is for Christianity on this topic.
You aren't thinking of checking out, are you? Besides the post itself that signature of yours is not exactly confidence inspiring. I am being quite serious here.
Every time someone, anyone does that, it is really sad. Sad because someone threw away the most precious thing imaginable, life. Once it is gone, that is it.
Poof! Goodbye! Forever. No after-life, no reincarnation, you just get to become wormfood. And no matter what someone who is in such a depressive state that
it all seems hopeless might believe, someone is going to notice and mourn. When you think about it, that would be the most selfish thing anyone could do, actually.
Why take oneself away from your family and friends?

As long as there is life, then there is hope. One must keep in mind that a person in a highly depressive state is not thinking rationally. They are not seeing clearly.
All they are seeing is gloom and doom. It will get better eventually if they do not give up and keep trying to improve things. When you are at bottom it can be hard to see that, but it is true.

To answer your question, if said sky-daddy did exist, and he was worth anything at all, I don't think that he would condemn someone who was that mentally unstable that they went and did that.
But that does not negate any of what I said before at the beginning of this post.
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

Sorry. No clue.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
According to the Catholic church, it's an instant ticket to hell. Mainly because of the commandment "thou shalt not kill," and by killing yourself there's no time to confess that sin.

I hope you're not considering suicide, and if you are I urge you to get professional help. Or just talk to someone, anyone.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
well as u guys have seen that i get depresed over girls and suicidal for being single, but i think its okay because look at the world, 99% songs are about love, every conversation people have either has sexual innuendo or later goes on to talk about relationhips, and i just dont fit in in this world and i know ill never get a girl so i am going kill myself
If you're truly considering suicide, I suggest you get help immediately.

(November 20, 2013 at 11:25 am)Raven Wrote: When you think about it, that would be the most selfish thing anyone could do, actually.

This is a common misconception, but the person that believes someone should endure a life of suffering simply because they don't want to have to deal with that someone's death is the selfish one.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 21, 2013 at 7:00 pm)Faith No More Wrote: If you're truly considering suicide, I suggest you get help immediately.

(November 20, 2013 at 11:25 am)Raven Wrote: When you think about it, that would be the most selfish thing anyone could do, actually.

This is a common misconception, but the person that believes someone should endure a life of suffering simply because they don't want to have to deal with that someone's death is the selfish one.

Thank you!

I STRONGLY belive in this point, but 99% of people i meet are super pro-life....i'm happy today to see your post, if you were a girl i would totally - well nvm i guess you would reject me anyways Tongue lol jk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question for Christians and Muslims Fake Messiah 24 2572 February 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: no one
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 10990 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Question for both Christians and Muslims. Mystic 23 11383 July 11, 2012 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Skepsis
  Question for Christians.. Darwinian 12 4581 September 7, 2009 at 6:05 am
Last Post: Ryft