Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite atheist personality?
Favorite atheist personality?
I've watched videos of atheists talking. It's what cemented my own atheism. I've watched The Atheist Experience, Aron Ra, Steve Shives, and others. Who do you guys like?

My favorite is probably TAE, though the full videos can be quite long. I actually prefer the youtube clips to listening to the full hour or so.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Favorite atheist personality?
(November 21, 2013 at 9:32 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I've watched videos of atheists talking. It's what cemented my own atheism. I've watched The Atheist Experience, Aron Ra, Steve Shives, and others. Who do you guys like?

My favorite is probably TAE, though the full videos can be quite long. I actually prefer the youtube clips to listening to the full hour or so.

TAE is quite good. Good place to hone up on 'on the fly' debate techniques.

Theoretical Bullshit is one of the best on YourTube.

His shredding of all the philosophical arguments for the existence of god are about as good as it gets.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(November 21, 2013 at 9:32 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I've watched videos of atheists talking. It's what cemented my own atheism. I've watched The Atheist Experience, Aron Ra, Steve Shives, and others. Who do you guys like?

Ricky gervais

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I'm rolling with Tim Minchin, nowadays...
I'm pretty much my own favorite atheist.

Angel
Well, my husband is my favorite. Trust me, he's quite the personality. As for famous atheists...well, I don't know. If I have to choose from only those who talk about it, I'd say Lawrence Krauss.
I'm somewhat of a fan of the late Christopher Hitchens.

I also enjoy the Atheist Experience and the Tinking Atheist.
Dying to live, living to die.
I like the atheist experience. The crazies that call them are just so hilarious. And the hosts are very sharp.
I was initially (when I became an atheist) a fan of Hitchens. But as I got deeper into the discussion regarding gods, I found some of the YouTube atheists to just be better than any atheist personality I know of. A few of the best I know of are: TheoreticalBullshit (a soap op. actor), KnownNoMore (guy knows his shit), SisyphusRedeemed (he's an actual professional philosopher and professor), CheekyVimto08 (philosophy student like me), Martymer81 (physicist), among others. Smile
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
(November 21, 2013 at 9:49 pm)pocaracas Wrote: I'm rolling with Tim Minchin, nowadays...

I'm in love with Tim Minchin. No, really. Angel

I want a Tim stuffed animal. My favorite toy is now named after him and I bought myself a black eyeliner. Tim madness!
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  H.P Lovecraft is my favorite atheist Kinkimoro 12 1596 September 15, 2018 at 5:58 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4006 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Favorite Atheist? TrueChristian 6 1452 February 26, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Favorite Atheist books? TrueChristian 15 4084 December 31, 2015 at 1:24 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Favorite Atheist Poet? Mudhammam 5 1511 August 9, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Natachan
  favorite atheist book undercoverclam 19 6862 June 14, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: HAL9000
  personality types and atheism Doubting_Thomas 51 18119 October 28, 2012 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: SavageNerdz
  Favorite Atheist Author Atheistfreethinker 16 3358 August 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Bandoman
Thumbs Up Favorite Neo-Atheist? Evilution 15 7332 May 23, 2011 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Danibean