Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandman and The Crow
Sandman and The Crow
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Norman Reedus Star in Too-Good-To-Be-True Casting Rumors

Disclaimer: I don't know how anyone feels about "The Crow" because it's not my bag - I never fell in love with it.

HOWEVER, I also don't know how to feel about Sandman, because I share equal but very different loves for both Gaiman's worlds and JGL.

JGL makes me smile. He makes me smile almost as much as my boyfriend does, which is saying something, but not surprising considering said boyfriend shares style and sense of humor with JG. If JGL showed up and said he was taking both of us on a date, I don't think there'd be a single question of sexuality or jealousy - we'd just roll with it.

On the other hand, my first foray into comics was with Sandman. Comics were forbidden in my house, so the bittersweet taste of Gaiman's writing and content was equally exotic for its verboten status and I have all the love and nostalgia for it that such a situation could create. I can't believe anyone could put Morpheus up on screen in all his shiver-inducing spooky glory...much less a dude who makes me want to just eat him up from cuteness.

But...

SQUEEEEEEEEEE
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Sandman and The Crow
I see you bring fresh news to the land, my queen.
...Is that sarcastic? I didn't look to see if someone else had posted it.
My reputation no doubt merits that suspicion, but to my recollection, I have never been sarcastic with you, my queen.

Although I can see how that might sound sarcastic, too. Cool Shades
[suspicious look]

hm.

Well, I just had to have a geek-out moment. Y'all may go about your business now.
I am not sure I even want a Sandman movie. I just don't think film is the media to do the source justice. Maybe a Sandman miniseries a long the lines of Game of Thrones would be better. If they do make a film I think Juno Temple should play death.
Gaiman did say exactly that in the article...and I tend to agree.
The source material is just too rich to cram in to one movie. Too many nuances and too many references you would have to cram into one movie. And besides that the story of Morpheus as a definite beginning and end to it.

They did this with The Watchmen, I always thought that The Watchmen should have never been one film but maybe even a trilogy. I liked seeing the characters on the big screen but I just did not think enough of their individual stories were told.
I mostly hate movie adaptations for that reason. I feel like Harry Potter was slaughtered in order to fit the books into movies.

It's only my great love and respect for Peter Jackson and his writing team that made me okay with what they did to Lord of the Rings, and I felt like they actually brought Austen to sparkling life in the newest Pride & Prejudice (other people hate me for this, but I felt older versions were entirely too stiff).

I think Count of Monte Cristo should be made into a mini series as well.

I think this is something people who just like to be entertained by movies don't understand about people who have cherished a book and are horrified by what a shoddy director and script writer will do with it.

There are fundamental things in any book - things that aren't plot points or action sequences - that squeeze a person's heart and 'soul' and make those words so fucking important you didn't know what you did in life before you had read them. Things you just can't gloss over or put into the hands of the wrong actor or an inattentive director.