Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone!
Hello Everyone!
Hello!
I have been an Atheist for three years now and I'm loving it. I used to be a really really strong Christian who absolutely hated Atheists with a passion. I used to go to church everyday, I went to a Catholic school from 2nd-8th, I read the bible and did CCD, just your good ole Christian. Before going to a Catholic high school, I had a friend who was an Atheist and him and I would start getting into debates with him and, obviously, I would lose every single one. Before going to high school, I was at mass and I was kneeling and I said a prayer, which was "God, grant me the ability to be the best Christian that I can possibly be."

After losing yet another debate, I started researching and realizing how wrong I was and became an agnostic until I found Christopher Hitchens and then I became an Atheist. My mom cried when she found out and being an Atheist in a Catholic high school isn't easy, but I pull through. I've adopted a much better outlook on life every since I became an Atheist.
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" -Stephen Roberts

"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend" -Richard Jeni
RE: Hello Everyone!
HIGH Bong

Welcome
Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Glad you got better.
(November 25, 2013 at 8:31 pm)Diirez Wrote: I used to be a really really strong Christian who absolutely hated Atheists with a passion.

No you didn't, you were never really a Christian, or you wouldn't have lost your faith.

Just wanted you to be prepared for when some theist tells you that. Wink

Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Welcome to the Dark Side!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
What's CCD?

Welcome, stick around and have fun. We have crazies here.
Welcome to the real world. But what if, no, probably not, never mind.
(November 25, 2013 at 8:49 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: What's CCD?

Confraternity of Christian Doctrine

I had to go to it from second to eighth grade. I hardly even learned anything.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Welcome to the fourth nadar, non-transected plane. Try not to step on any cracks.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1413 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2175 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5649 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1904 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7844 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2619 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3849 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1232 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2384 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm