Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does heaven hate ham?
Why does heaven hate ham?
Stolen from a Hitchens chapter but chuckle worthy none the less. I probably won't even read the the theist responses to this question as i've actually read the likely origins of this completely bombastic law. It is one of many rulings that are dished out with little to no rational justification in much of the abrahamic bedtime story anthology. Peppa pig is grateful though, despite only being alive due to a disturbingly large collection of dimmocks thinking she's filthy and disgusting.
RE: Why does heaven hate ham?
I'd much rather eat ham than turkey on Thanksgiving. Ham tastes so much better and isn't as dry as turkey.

I'm sure when the bible was being written they didn't know about trichinosis and other diseases, so they probably thought when they got sick from eating ham or pork it was God's way of punishing them. Or, they considered pigs "unclean" because they wallow around in mud and generally don't smell good. But with our modern understanding of cooking methods to kill bacteria and parasites, there's no reason to eat meat from pigs.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I had a friend tell me it's because pigs eat their own. And when I expressed incredulity she explained that were you to mince pork and feed it to a pig it would eat it. To which I said humans eat humans too. And humans do so knowingly.

I wonder how many humans would even know if they were served human meat? I hear it tastes just like pork.
They don't call it long pig for nothing.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:I'm sure when the bible was being written they didn't know about trichinosis and other diseases,

The shitballs who wrote the OT did not raise pigs. They raised sheep and goats.

The people they regarded as enemies raised pigs.

It has nothing to do with a bunch of iron age primitives knowing shit about disease. They thought disease was caused by fucking demons.
Besides, if anyone had eaten pork and died, it would naturally be assumed that he died from pure ecstasy because he WAS EATING PORK. No way they'd ban it. Heaven does not hate pork. BACON IS HEAVEN.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
God loves ham.

[Image: TheWarOnFaith-MP-Ken%20Fucking%20Ham.jpg]
If eating pig is bad, why does bacon taste of bacon?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Not just bacon, but a nice honey glazed ham...

Mmm, ham...

[Image: homer-simpson-2-the-simpsons-15836214-279-320.jpg]
(November 27, 2013 at 5:31 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: If eating pig is bad, why does bacon taste of bacon?

Oh well played sir or madam!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2155 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 121447 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 954 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 4904 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  The Mandate of Heaven atheisthunt 22 3311 February 11, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  hate WinterHold 11 1417 November 21, 2019 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: mordant
Thumbs Up Alzheimers in heaven. onlinebiker 73 8010 October 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7249 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 6968 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2520 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler