Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 8:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wbc, what to do
Wbc, what to do
The festering polyp on the anus of Christianity, in the news quite a bit.

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/04/texas-sh...stay-away/

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/12/bikers-b...st-church/

For anyone who doesn't know, they picket at funerals of soldiers with signs like "thank god for dead soldiers".

Everyone hates these guys. It's the only time Ive seen gay rights groups, the kkk, the hells angels, and the mainline church agree.

Buuuuuut the supreme Court has upheld their right to protest as being protected under their right to free speech.

What say you?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: Wbc, what to do
They're festering alright but it is as much a blight on humanity as it is on Christianity. Of course, many Christian groups are lesser blights. Those that spend resources to oppose marriage equality and in other ways seek to impose their Christian sensibility on the rest of us are a blight.
I oppose their views as strongly as I defend their right to have them. The moment you put restrictions on what can and cannot be protested, you may as well close the book on freedom and democracy and usher in "benevolent" dictatorship
Isn't it interesting though that they are the ones most closely following the bible.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Of course they have a right to protest. Freedom of speech is not to be denied to feckwits simply because they are feckwits. Some USian (I disremember who, but would be grateful if someone could source it) once mentioned that freedom of speech isn't freedom for the thought we love - which needs no protection - but freedom for the though we hate.

If the right of these eedjits to show up at funerals and spew their vile crap is denied, it will have to come with a punishment of some sort, likely fines or imprisonment. Speaking for myself, I would hate to see that happen. I want this pond scum out in the open so people can see them for what they are - a boil on the buttocks of humanity.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 1, 2013 at 7:56 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Isn't it interesting though that they are the ones most closely following the bible.
Only the bits they like!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

"It's not a toomah."

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Those who insult the memories of dead soldiers should be put to death. They should be flayed, and their bare flesh salted, they should be left to die.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Thanks for demonstrating WHY we need a First Amendment, mehmet. As despicable as the WBC's views are they do not come close to your own.
(December 1, 2013 at 8:44 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(December 1, 2013 at 7:56 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Isn't it interesting though that they are the ones most closely following the bible.
Only the bits they like!

Well can't possibly follow all of it, would be walking contradictions.

On the WBC... I don't care about the rest of the things they say, but to picket funerals is really awful. But still, they have the right to do it. If I were the families I may try to take legal action against them, restriction orders or sue them or something, but they're likely too sad about their loved ones to bother.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTW, where do the WBC get their dough? Rokcet Scientist 34 4840 November 8, 2011 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist