Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obamacare not affordable
Obamacare not affordable
Yesterday in the Hartford courant, Liberal newspaper, had this " One of the 6 myths about Obamacare" 1. is that it is affordable. What happened to it's not going to cost more than a monthly cellphone? Obama can lie with the best of them LOL I knew when the costs would be known it would put lots of financial stress on people.

manowar
RE: Obamacare not affordable
(December 2, 2013 at 4:56 pm)Manowar Wrote: Yesterday in the Hartford courant, Liberal newspaper, had this " One of the 6 myths about Obamacare" 1. is that it is affordable. What happened to it's not going to cost more than a monthly cellphone? Obama can lie with the best of them LOL I knew when the costs would be known it would put lots of financial stress on people.

manowar

Have you checked to see how much your health insurance is now? Unless you can do that and compare that to the system without Obamacare, I'm forced to call 'bullshit.'
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
He also said it wouldn't be a tax, but it could only get passed under the tax clause.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'm just going to pay the penalty myself. There is nothing in this law the benefits me.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 2, 2013 at 4:56 pm)Manowar Wrote: Yesterday in the Hartford courant, Liberal newspaper, had this " One of the 6 myths about Obamacare" 1. is that it is affordable. What happened to it's not going to cost more than a monthly cellphone? Obama can lie with the best of them LOL I knew when the costs would be known it would put lots of financial stress on people.

manowar

You are the dumbest bag of cunt hair apart from things that originate in Alaska.

Do you just read things and parrot them?

Do you have even understand the concept that the implementation matters more than the idea?

Do you even know that other post-industrial countries, on average, have some semblance of National Healthcare despite weaker economies?

Are you so fucking retarded dumb that you think "Obama can lie with the best of them LOL I knew when the costs would be known it would put lots of financial stress on people" actually means anything?

Having a discussion with you is like talking to a dining room table.

There were hundreds of alternative implementations of Health care. Many that could spread the costs transparently.

Hell, for fucks sake! You could even have lobbied your peers to cut medicare and lump it together into "Healthcare for all!"

Your only bitch is that you couldn't select the time-honored "Go to the Emergency Room and cost the Tax Payer hundreds to thousands of dollars" option.

Fuck you.

Disclosure:
I have friends who would benefit from long term medical care to manage endemic conditions, but could not afford it due to American addiction to "ER Visits sans insurance".

You can't fix defective glands with a fucking ER visit.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Speaking personally, I know a lot of people who have been denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition and I've watched scummy insurance companies deny coverage to people because of a pre-existing condition (but they only deny it after taking money from them for years and years). If nothing else, I'm thrilled that pre-existing conditions will no longer automatically disqualify someone from having health insurance.

I still wish the bill included a public option, but at least we have a step in the right direction.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(December 2, 2013 at 4:58 pm)TaraJo Wrote:

manowar

Have you checked to see how much your health insurance is now? Unless you can do that and compare that to the system without Obamacare, I'm forced to call 'bullshit.'

The paper said this and gives numbers so the bullshit is Obamacrap. I like that people can get insurance if they need to but should be mandated.
I am taking the penalty. Believe it or not I helped put that ASSHOLE in the Whitehouse which I regret. I have to worry about the penalty costs in a few years

manowar
I don't like Obamacare. I think nationalized healthcare is much better, but Obamacare is still better than the current system.
(December 2, 2013 at 5:08 pm)Manowar Wrote:
(December 2, 2013 at 4:58 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Have you checked to see how much your health insurance is now? Unless you can do that and compare that to the system without Obamacare, I'm forced to call 'bullshit.'

The paper said this and gives numbers so the bullshit is Obamacrap. I like that people can get insurance if they need to but should be mandated.
I am taking the penalty. I hate being right all the time. Believe it or not I helped put that ASSHOLE in the Whitehouse which I regret.

manowar

So, let me see if I understand what you're saying: You're complaining that Obamacare is costing you too much to get insurance, so you're going to just pay the penalty. That would make sense except that you aren't even seeing how much insurance would cost you (it may very well be a lot less than the penalty).

[Image: 3c5bc06e.gif]

(December 2, 2013 at 5:13 pm)TaraJo Wrote: So, let me see if I understand what you're saying: You're complaining that Obamacare is costing you too much to get insurance, so you're going to just pay the penalty. That would make sense except that you aren't even seeing how much insurance would cost you (it may very well be a lot less than the penalty).

[Image: 3c5bc06e.gif]

On one hand, the commercial offers I am helping other people with are >95$ per month (greater than the penalty). So there is some truth to some complaints.

On the other hand, they are at least using my State's health care exchange and I've already got most of them on track for State-assisted medical insurance.

In the end run, we all have something in the works. And I made sure my peers and family got a look at the market rates.

A lot more than Manowar's fellation of the conservative rag paper.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Behind closed doors, Republican lawmakers fret about how to repeal Obamacare Minimalist 15 1705 February 1, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually Aegon 73 9571 January 26, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  ObamaCare? Rhondazvous 60 12014 November 28, 2015 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Ted Cruz goes on Obamacare Creed of Heresy 13 2402 March 25, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Obamacare written to deceive the public. Heywood 208 24065 December 2, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  Unintended Consequence of the Affordable Care Act. Heywood 25 4477 October 20, 2014 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Challenging Affordable Care Act--religious freedom? *Deidre* 22 4221 March 29, 2014 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Obamacare part 2 Manowar 105 23945 October 5, 2013 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: AtheistCreed
  Unions Demand Repeal Of Obamacare A Theist 48 12733 July 18, 2013 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Mitt Romney Booed At NAACP Convention For Saying He'd Repeal Obamacare cratehorus 3 2248 July 12, 2012 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird