Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Drone
Amazon Drone
Amazon will be using drone deliveries for Prime members.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la...7832.story

Cool, but too far. Just too far!
RE: Amazon Drone
I hope in the future I can control Amazon's drones to shoot people I don't like. Or give them socks. Really itchy wool socks.
Bah, drone delivery, big whoop.

I won't be impressed till they invent delivery by teleportation!
Or, at least I'll be impressed until that delivery that's not the book I ordered, but a Brundlefly instead... Undecided
A fucking catapult would be better than some of the local delivery companies that they use for Amazone Prime™ users.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
How does it post through the letter box or ring the doorbell?

google gets in on the act.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25212514

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Will every redneck really be able to resist the temptation to shoot one down when it buzzing overhead at tree top level? I understand there are parts of this country where shotguns are used for indoor insect control.

How many people will be tempted to grab one as it lands during a delivery to convert it into a neat toy?

Somehow, I think this service will crash and burn due to:

1. High loss rate amongst the drones

2. Popular protest against creepy 8 rotored buzzing critters flying in front of bedroom windows

3. Low accuracy of delivery

4. Liability. Kid sees drone coming, runs out into the street after it, gets run over by car whose driver is also looking at the drone.
(December 4, 2013 at 2:17 pm)Chuck Wrote: Will every redneck really be able to resist the temptation to shoot one down when it buzzing overhead at tree top level? I understand there are parts of this country where shotguns are used for indoor insect control.

How many people will be tempted to grab one as it lands during a delivery to convert it into a neat toy?

Somehow, I think this service will crash and burn due to:

1. High loss rate amongst the drones

2. Popular protest against creepy 8 rotored buzzing critters flying in front of bedroom windows

3. Low accuracy of delivery

4. Liability. Kid sees drone coming, runs out into the street after it, gets run over by car whose driver is also looking at the drone.

How long till one crashes out of the sky and kills/injures someone.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

This is one of those ideas, where after I first hear it, I think to myself "what can possibly go wrong?", grab some popcorn and a cold beverage, and wait for the world to burn.

What can possibly go wrong?

Snacks
Yoinks. Does 'Skynet' or 'going postal' mean nothing to anyone anymore???

*adjusts tin foil helmet, racks shotgun*
I suspect the number of UFO sightings will increase. And because of that, the number of alien abduction/anal probe claims will increase.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iran developes rescue sea drone Sleepy 25 4242 December 10, 2013 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Hackers bring down flying drone downbeatplumb 6 2557 June 30, 2012 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Is Amazon Kindle Good for the Environment? The_Flying_Skeptic 2 2951 June 23, 2010 at 9:30 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub