Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!
Hi!
Hello everyone,

I am new here as an "agnostic atheist." I thankfully was raised without religion. My mother was raised in Catholicism in Germany, where she grew up in and out of Catholic orphanages. Needless to say, the nuns there left a bad impression on her. I was born and raised in Germany until we moved to the United States, where my father is from. He was raised Southern Baptist, and that too, turned him off of religion. In my early teenage years I began to study religion and atheism intensely (however it didn't take long to realize that I was atheist) and I soon found out that my parents, as well as my siblings, were atheists as well.

Living here in America, religion is so powerful and influential, frustratingly so. People are unsurprisingly very hostile towards atheists. I hope to use this forum to explore these issues in more depth, learn new things, and meet fellow atheists. I champion science and reason. In the future, I would like to see a day when I can freely and proudly state that I am an atheist without fear of being ostracized.

And for any Supernatural fans, pianists, or book fanatics, I'm your girl.
RE: Hi!
(December 4, 2013 at 5:06 pm)liliana Wrote: In the future, I would like to see a day when I can freely and proudly state that I am an atheist without fear of being ostracized.

You can, just move to Europe Wink

Welcome
Howdy!
Cunt
(December 4, 2013 at 5:06 pm)liliana Wrote: And for any Supernatural fans, pianists, or book fanatics, I'm your girl.

High five, Lil! And welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(December 4, 2013 at 5:06 pm)liliana Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am new here as an "agnostic atheist." I thankfully was raised without religion. My mother was raised in Catholicism in Germany, where she grew up in and out of Catholic orphanages. Needless to say, the nuns there left a bad impression on her. I was born and raised in Germany until we moved to the United States, where my father is from. He was raised Southern Baptist, and that too, turned him off of religion. In my early teenage years I began to study religion and atheism intensely (however it didn't take long to realize that I was atheist) and I soon found out that my parents, as well as my siblings, were atheists as well.

Living here in America, religion is so powerful and influential, frustratingly so. People are unsurprisingly very hostile towards atheists. I hope to use this forum to explore these issues in more depth, learn new things, and meet fellow atheists. I champion science and reason. In the future, I would like to see a day when I can freely and proudly state that I am an atheist without fear of being ostracized.

And for any Supernatural fans, pianists, or book fanatics, I'm your girl.

Hi and welcome.

Going by your last sentence, I have to ask an all-important question:

Sam or Dean?

Wink Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 4, 2013 at 5:06 pm)liliana Wrote: I would like to see a day when I can freely and proudly state that I am an atheist without fear of being ostracized.
[Image: pig-fly.gif?w=595]
Welcome
(December 4, 2013 at 5:25 pm)Beccs Wrote: Hi and welcome.

Going by your last sentence, I have to ask an all-important question:

Sam or Dean?

Wink Shades

Definitely Dean Wink

And thank you all for welcoming me Smile
Welcome

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable...
"There's always a bigger fish."
Qui-Gon Jin (Star Wars)
Hello, there.
Hello Lili and welcome to this fine corner of the world wide internet!