Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Parents Strike Again
Sad 
My Parents Strike Again
Once again, my parents persist on my nerves. My father saw an atheist symbol on my binder, and must've gotten on the history on his computer. He has blocked my access to the AF from his computer. When I try to goto the site list of blocked sites, he has a password with the hint: "GDK" (god damn king).

Must have angered him yes?

I can get on from school and from his computer still with a proxy, so it's no problem, but it angers me verily. ;\\\

Any thoughts of help? lol

Hopefully I can get on at my grandmas, unless he decides to notify her of my evil ways also.
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
RE: My Parents Strike Again
But you're 17. Hardly a child that need constant parental supervision. Just tell him that what he is doing is unchristian and you cannot censor someone into submission.

Not that it will work though.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Simple...Sell your dad's prized 1966 signed football shirt (you might have to add a few items) on Ebay and buy your own laptop.
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
What model of computer is he running? If you need to get on on that computer: just hack him. Seriously.

My parents have tried this ridiculous little track to keep me from 'going places I'm not s'posed to go'... but I've always somehow managed to get there Tongue

Now to switch guardianship on the basis of the first amendment rights that have been heavily infringed upon Wink But ours is a society of morons... so I can't even hope for an intelligent and fair judgement on the 'issue'. >_<

Either way: just hack him Smile If he continues to piss you off... send an ever-copying batch file to him and force him to reformat perhaps. *bat's eyelashes*

You might be able to detect a slight case of exasperated experience here? Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I'm working on it. My geekiness will prevail.

Update: My current solution is a proxy on one of my other websites. I blocked atheistforums.org on my laptop, and I can access it through this proxy server:

http://tgset.com/af/

Simply go to that website, and use it to get to this one. A few things to note:

1) Scripts don't work. So you won't have access to the shoutbox, or inline editing of posts. However MyBB has non-scripted methods that you can still use.

2) Some other features probably don't work. I just had to fix a problem with the login, so if you come across anything else, please let me know and I will try to fix it! I won't be able to fix scripting problems, but general page errors are possible.

3) Don't overuse it. It's a heavy duty program running on the server, and it should only be used if you cannot access atheistforums.org properly (i.e. it has been banned/blocked). If it gets overused, I'll have no choice but to remove it, or give it private access to certain people who need it.

Thanks.
That "ever coping batch file" sae refers to is jsut a batch file that opens itself, and the 2nd opened one does this, etc... basicly it opens an infinite number of copies of itself. Eats up all your systems resources in a matter of seconds, and on most pcs, once it has been activated the only way (that I have found) to uncrash your computer is to unplug it and reboot. If you put it in the startup folder, then you would have to go through this and the computer would be broken (until you figure to start up in safe mode then find the file and remove it). You have to know how to use the code though, but thats not hard to figure out.

Here is a code for it

Edit: oops, almost forgot the disclaimer: DON'T be stupid, and I don't recomend using this, except on your own computer or something.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

DON'T DO IT! Do not use it. Ever. It's a bad idea. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. Okie? Smile

Edit: And well done Adrian Smile Do you feel the nerd within? Smile Unless they start blocking your awesome forum when I'm at school: I hardly think you'll have to worry about me using it Tongue
There is nothing wrong with the batch file, just don't be stupid about it. (atacking other peoples computers)
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

Or toss it upon yourself without knowing how to deal with it.
I think that you are talking this atheism thing way too seriously. Surely it's just a fad
I didn't mean that in a bad way, but I just think that sometimes people do atheism to look cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb donald's parents? no one 2 455 October 13, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1793 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  About LGBT Parents Der/die AtheistIn 13 1668 December 24, 2017 at 5:42 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13097 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Will there be a nuclear strike in your lifetime? CapnAwesome 55 11279 June 5, 2017 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2206 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  Parents not taking there crying child outside at a restaurant or store Sterben 65 6121 May 2, 2016 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  How honest should parents be? paulpablo 282 54747 January 8, 2016 at 6:26 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  The "strike" and my personal opinion Foxaèr 36 5172 April 16, 2015 at 2:27 am
Last Post: DeadChannel
  Fantastic Parents SteelCurtain 11 2196 June 2, 2014 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Chad32