Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real or satire
Real or satire
It's increasing hard to tell
[Image: CruzCover_front.jpg]

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/12...-ted-cruz/
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: Real or satire
I'm at a loss for words. I mean, just when you think the right-wing can't get any crazier, they prove you wrong, and they do so so frequently that one begins to wonder whether there is a competition going on in the tea-party to see who can be the most insane.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Hmmmm, that tree looks suspiciously like the one in the Garden of Eden. (looks in child's Garden of Eden comic book....). Yup! Dead ringer for it!

If so, where the hell is Eve? Scantily clad preferably....
(December 9, 2013 at 1:36 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I'm at a loss for words. I mean, just when you think the right-wing can't get any crazier, they prove you wrong, and they do so so frequently that one begins to wonder whether there is a competition going on in the tea-party to see who can be the most insane.

This is my worry.

I have a slightly conspiracyesque theory (tinfoil hats on) that 20 or 30 years ago people like john Mccain and Bush junior realised the power of using religion as a tool for political advantage and used it like never before, legitimating policies based on creationism and "Christian nation" type thinking. They used it to great advantage, but the generation of politician which developed in this period, the Palin's and Cruz 's actually bought it wholesale and are now in the ascendant. The recent schism over the shutdown and the rift between the Tea Party and the "rino' s" shows the difference between those who temper theism with Pragmatism and those who don't.

Just a theory.

And yes, I spent ages trying to find the satirical source for this. Couldn't. I think it's actually real!
Sith code
Quote:that 20 or 30 years ago people like john Mccain and Bush junior

Right church....wrong pew. It was that senile old fuck Reagan - or rather his handlers - who made that cynical determination.

http://www.csmonitor.com/1984/1003/10033...8page%29/1
(December 9, 2013 at 2:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:that 20 or 30 years ago people like john Mccain and Bush junior

Right church....wrong pew. It was that senile old fuck Reagan - or rather his handlers - who made that cynical determination.

http://www.csmonitor.com/1984/1003/10033...8page%29/1
Could be, could be. I did just pluck the whole theory out of my arse Wink
Sith code
Reagan's arse.
(December 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Reagan's arse.

Ick.
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why real Islam and real Muslims are Evil? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 26 2949 April 8, 2016 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  More satire....to annoy the fuck out of conservatards Minimalist 0 663 January 20, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Know It's Satire.... Minimalist 2 1100 November 19, 2014 at 3:09 pm
Tongue UK satire take on Republicans 5thHorseman 1 1257 September 20, 2011 at 2:50 pm
  How to fix the US. Real things real citizens can do. paintpooper 21 4350 April 24, 2011 at 10:13 pm