Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satanism is the ONLY Rational Religion
Satanism is the ONLY Rational Religion
(December 9, 2013 at 9:03 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(December 9, 2013 at 8:53 pm)MarxRaptor Wrote: I've read all his books, so don't pretend to lecture me on his ideas. You petty insults prove nothing.

I'll tell you what, kid - how about starting a thread and make a case for why we should take LaVey seriously instead of pointing and laughing. C'mon, it'll be fun.

Satanism is the only religion that promotes freethought & atheism. Yet it can also provide the dogma & ritual that man needs, something plain ol' atheism can't do.
RE: Satanism is the ONLY Rational Religion
(December 9, 2013 at 9:28 pm)MarxRaptor Wrote:
(December 9, 2013 at 9:03 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I'll tell you what, kid - how about starting a thread and make a case for why we should take LaVey seriously instead of pointing and laughing. C'mon, it'll be fun.

Satanism is the only religion that promotes freethought & atheism. Yet it can also provide the dogma & ritual that man needs, something plain ol' atheism can't do.

Free thought is the antithesis of dogma.
Well, rational except for the silliness and the sociopathy.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
What is irrational about sociopathy? Sociopaths are quite rational, more so than normal people.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 10, 2013 at 12:12 am)Kitanetos Wrote: What is irrational about sociopathy? Sociopaths are quite rational, more so than normal people.

Advocating sociopathic behavior is not rational.
(December 10, 2013 at 12:16 am)Chas Wrote: Advocating sociopathic behavior is not rational.

Perhaps you need an education in sociopathic behavior.

Of course, I would not mind seeing the destruction of the current social construct, but without sociopaths we would not have big corporations.

Also, not all sociopaths are dangerous, unless you think that Wal-Mart is truly evil.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 10, 2013 at 12:20 am)Kitanetos Wrote:
(December 10, 2013 at 12:16 am)Chas Wrote: Advocating sociopathic behavior is not rational.

Perhaps you need an education in sociopathic behavior.

Of course, I would not mind seeing the destruction of the current social construct, but without sociopaths we would not have big corporations.

Also, not all sociopaths are dangerous, unless you think that Wal-Mart is truly evil.

Wal-Mart is truly evil.

Perhaps you need an education in discussion behavior.
Sociopathy is good only for the sociopath, hence advocating for others is self-defeating, therefore irrational.
Oh I don't know, they can make good lawyers and judges, sometimes being impersonal is a good thing. Sociopaths tend to be pretty good at reading people, they make good performers and can generally be good fun to be around.
How is Satanism sociopathy?
(December 10, 2013 at 8:21 am)MarxRaptor Wrote: How is Satanism sociopathy?

How is it not?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism vs. Christianity xXcadeXx 19 5030 January 1, 2015 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  This religion is only based on evidence and logic. MH2468 5 1209 December 1, 2014 at 10:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Satanism - the stupidest religion ablenova 23 7453 December 10, 2013 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Check Expiration Date; Fresh Jews Only thesummerqueen 2 2963 April 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist